Saturn 18/09/24 with 102ED Refractor

WolfieGlos

On 21/09/2024 at 01:36, WolfieGlos said:

Hi Kon, this was my result, I followed the same approach as you using non-drizzled data stacked in AS!4, colour balance and wavelets/denoising in Registax but I couldn't get Astrosurface to work for some reason. I then used winjupos to derotate the 3x 6 minute stacks, using the files with the same gain/exposure settings only.

I think a little bit more has come through in the banding, but I ended up with a black "dot" artifact, which is a bit annoying. I played about with the Weighting and LD values, originally there were 3 dots but I couldn't lose the single. It's not present in any of the 3 individual images, but comes through with the derotation. Nothing a bit of clonestamping couldn't solve I guess.

Derotated image straight from winjupos:

2024-09-18-0041_0-Saturn_lapl6_ap32_RegistaxEdit_Derotated.png.b1a6a346f1686a96f672f22a0ad4a5cf.png

And then with some additional wavelets on the derotated image, think I prefer the version above to be honest.

2024-09-18-0041_0-Saturn_lapl6_ap32_RegistaxEdit_Derotated.jpg.ac657ee79f9211315c2f57708de95fcb.jpg

Nice and improved images. I thought you had a transit but it seems others have cleared the issue. It can happen if the images are quite far apart for derotation.

• Like 1