Andromeda core with iPhone - 07/08/24

Skywatcher 200p Dob on DIY EQ platform. Southampton urban garden, Bortle 7, 2:55am 7th August 2024. BST StarGuiders 25mm. iPhone 14 Pro held to the eyepiece using a no-brand smartphone adapter. Captured using the AstroShader app. All editing & processing on phone or iPad using the stock camera app, WaveletCam, LightRoom & SnapSeed.

First time I’ve tried to capture Andromeda and I did this back at the beginning of August, then too many things got in the way and I almost forgot about it. I used the image to practice processing my stars to be round. Something that the BST StarGuider 25mm suffers with, especially towards the edges, although I cropped out the worst. Probably time for a new low power eyepiece! And with 25mm on the 200p, the core area of Andromeda is as wide as I can do. Still, there are some dust lanes coming through, which given the total image time of just over 2mins in Bortle 7 isn’t too bad.

IMG_1261.jpeg.026f695bf9c9890f99ef55bbb1f1ebe2.jpeg

Edited by PeterStudz
  • Like 6