16 hours plus maybe another 8

1 hour ago, carastro said:

You're doing well Tiffs.  Pacman is good in Narrowband, Cave is probably OK.  Butterfly in Cygnuis looks good in NB  Wizard Nebula NGC7380 

Soul has an interesting feature IC1871 and the Heart has a middle feature Melotte 15.

Lots to choose from. 

Very kind of you to say, but I fear last  night's 8 hours data on cave nebula is trash. As I was warned it would be. 

Also I think I "borrowed" your 1.5*Ha-O pixel math expression. Worked well on my elephants trunk so Ty for sharing it.

I might try wizard tonight and tomorrow but I think if I have to image mid month, veil is a lot brighter than almost anything else visible at the moment.

It's still possible I'll get something from cave nebula but quick preview looked faint and noisy.

Both heart and soul are a bit too big for my fov. And their edges contain most of their interesting bits apart from fish head :(

IC1871 and mel15 are lovely, but googling IC1871 took me to Sarah wagers image from an odk10. I don't need to Google that to know I can't compete with it. Besides, even if I could, look at my elephant nebula processing skills :)

for now I think i need to choose big bright targets that almost fill my fov while getting 20 hours on them at start and end of a month :)

Ill still try and hour on b33 tonight as I just can't resist :)

Edited by TiffsAndAstro

1 minute ago, ANTARES1_1 said:

Do you have a jpg file as I will have to transfer this file into my laptop to access it🤔

not sure processing a jpg is a good idea. mine are usually 50% quality and jpg not exactly great to begin with. 

2 hours ago, carastro said:

You're doing well Tiffs.  Pacman is good in Narrowband, Cave is probably OK.  Butterfly in Cygnuis looks good in NB  Wizard Nebula NGC7380 

Soul has an interesting feature IC1871 and the Heart has a middle feature Melotte 15.

Lots to choose from. 

Butterfly in Cygnus is a good shout. might try it tonight with another full moon. might just stick with witch's broom or the other side from veil as they're bright. until b33 appears at 4 am. or cloud arrives :)

17 minutes ago, ANTARES1_1 said:

I was only able to get a small portion of the cave. How did you get soo much of it from that one image☠️

im not sure what you mean. i think i cropped the linear data because of what looked like massive edge artefacts, mostly in green and blue channels.

23 minutes ago, ANTARES1_1 said:

Also the scripts arent working

which scripts? if you're looking at my .fit in siril its linear and will look dark until stretched or you choose 'autostretch' and unlink. my .fit is the result of stacking 210 out of 219 frames i registered. 

image.thumb.jpeg.f984d33316447ebb7985ccb7c23c551d.jpeg

Edited by TiffsAndAstro

For some reason your data was very much crushed to the left of the histogram, I don't think it was clipped but in Siril I had to aggresively use Asinh stretch (like near max), I very rarely use it for mine.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Elp said:

For some reason your data was very much crushed to the left of the histogram, I don't think it was clipped but in Siril I had to aggresively use Asinh stretch (like near max), I very rarely use it for mine.

longer sub times needed? i always check first few images for min/max, non of my pixels are at zero.

could the strong moon cause this effect? i've been using mod arc sin GHS a lot recently after i saw Cuiv use it for his HOO stuff.

More total time for the overall image.

But yes, you might benefit from longer subs, this is more so to take advantage of the full well depth of the camera. As long as the histogram isn't clipped you're not loosing data.

Edited by Elp
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elp said:

More total time for the overall image.

But yes, you might benefit from longer subs, this is more so to take advantage of the full well depth of the camera. As long as the histogram isn't clipped you're not loosing data.

This is 7 hours of 2 minutes subs. I'm not adding more to it in case target is dimmer than I assumed and is particularly susceptible to light pollution.

I think my best use of my time with clear skies mid month is probably brightest Ha/Oiii emission target so veil nebula, na nebula maybe Cygnus butterfly.

I'll probably just add more time to NGC 6995 or 6960 as either fits ok in my fov. Will be interesting if it turns out like my cave nebula data