Mars (14/09/24)

Kon

Mars is still small but I could not resist imaging it while we had the good seeing yesterday. Some details are coming through despite the small size. This is a single 5min capture as seeing deteriorated as the sun was coming up. Resized 175%.

image.png.39c077d19b472124f582def7952c606f.png

• Like 18

I couldn't wait for Mars last session i however grabbed this quick image last week of the red planet. This was during the dust storms occurring the previous week. I have had to zoom in too much causing pixelation.

2024-08-25-0218_0-Capture_lapl4_ap22.jpg.66947a889f18b2791ebba09fb9e51a24.jpg

Edited by bosun21
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, Kon said:

Mars is still small but I could not resist imaging it while we had the good seeing yesterday. Some details are coming through despite the small size. This is a single 5min capture as seeing deteriorated as the sun was coming up. Resized 175%.

image.png.39c077d19b472124f582def7952c606f.png

What a nice little bonus Kostas. Is that the polar cap trying to make an appearance?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

What a nice little bonus Kostas. Is that the polar cap trying to make an appearance?

Nice Mars. I was hoping to image the storm but we didn't have clear skies. To avoid pixelation, try resize in Astrosurface as it handles better.

I think the polar hood is just about showing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kon said:

To avoid pixelation, try resize in Astrosurface as it handles better.

Thanks for the tip. I very seldom need to resize images but it's good to know that Astrosurface does a better job.

55 minutes ago, morimarty said:

What a lovely image Kostas that as certainly wet the appetite for things to come.

Thanks Martyn. It's a shame that although it's high up it's relative size will be smaller than other apparitions to pull really nice details.

3 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

Very nice Mars, think you can just about make out the Tharsis volcanoes. No mean feat on a 7” disc…. Nice one! 

Thanks Craig. There are a few familiar features coming through. Let's hope for good skies near opposition.