NGC 1502 ( foot of Kembles Cascade)

MZack

Quick sketch of NGC 1502, the cluster at the bottom of Kembles. APM 120s x66. The cluster was quite distinct in fair but moonlit conditions. The triangle of stars to the top right lead away out of shot to the line of stars that forms the rest of the asterism.  

IMG_2523.jpeg

• Like 7

That is superb - i didn't see it like that last night (i was at very low power so the cluster was way too small and sky was too light) but your sketch absolutely "nails" how this little cluster has appeared to me "at it's best". Very evocative.

• Thanks 1

Thank you  @josefk  It’s the first time I had a go at a reasonable power just on the cluster itself. I usually sweep across the whole object with x7 or x10 bins but a higher powered approach is rewarding. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SwiMatt said:

I love the framing of this! You could do a sketch for each part of the Kemble's cascade and then put together the whole in a mega-sketch 🤣

Hmmm. That’s an idea!