Owl Cluster NGC 457

MZack

One of my favourites whatever instrument I’m using. This was last night using my APM 120 binoculars and 10mm UFF at x66. Stars that form the body were quite clear with a hint of background stars much further away. White on black paper usin a mix of gel pens, pastel and water colour. 

IMG_2516.jpeg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, josefk said:

Very nice @MZack - i was sweeping this direction with low power binoculars before getting behind my scope last night. It was a lovely evening to be out wasn't it.

Yes it was very enjoyable. I also used the bins on other clusters in Cassiopeia, NGC 225 (sailboat cluster) , NGC 129, 663, M103, plus a nice grouping of NGC 133,146 with King 14, (small but discernible. )

• Like 1

This a bit of sky i possibly know the best (which is not saying too much) because it's at a very friendly altitude (this time of year) for a 45-degree angled bird spotting scope and its a bit of sky that lends itself to low power power comfy sweeping with that type of kit (and i've done it a lot). All very pretty.

• Like 1