IAS 2024 - Images

39 minutes ago, Ratlet said:

"Now, Dave, you are absolutely sure the diameter of that bit o plywood is going to stop the scope flipping?"

There's a pimped EQ8 and 12 RC behind the Askar 185, on the same pier. Let's not even joke about it flipping 😁😲😢

On 15/09/2024 at 13:52, josefk said:

That 12” CC really floats my boat @CraigT82 and I had a good look at it yesterday. It’s beautifully made. Sadly it’s too big for me (something I kind of sadly but thankfully worked out on paper this spring), in the flesh that conclusion was confirmed. It’s really huge for it’s aperture. If I could mount it and leave it set up though…ooof. Lovely. 

Yeah same for me. I was thinking it would be nice to get 12” aperture in a more compact and lighter package than my newt…. But then I look at the specs and nope, it’s still 25kg! Shorter than the newt though so that’s something. Does look awesome though. 

• Like 1

I'm glad I live abroad, otherwise I would have bought the Starfield Gear 115 f/7,  after haggling with the FLO posse. 

Those discounts must be responsible for credit card face palms the day aftet :)

• Like 2