A quick go at NGC 6888

simmo39

As I thought, as soon as I go away for a few days clear skies! came back home yesterday and just in case it was the last of them I did a quick set up and went after NGC 6888. It was abit rough and ready but I got 32 x 240s subs before I got so tired I had to call it a night. I did this target a few years ago and spent a lot of time on it but I have to say my short session last night is almost as good, the only thing I missed was the soap bubble which shows just about when I removed the stars. Should try and get some more time on it but tonight is a no go! anyway here is my effort.

53994384100_1fef66c036_b.jpg

and a couple crops of the satr of the show.

53994194918_b47cf7ced6_b.jpg

53994383455_1b6b61d1db_b.jpg

Hints, tips and CC welcome.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, simmo39 said:

I did a quick set up and went after NGC 6888

Excellent result for a quick setup or otherwise!  Great structure in the nebulosity and detail within NGC6888 itself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, geeklee said:

Excellent result for a quick setup or otherwise!  Great structure in the nebulosity and detail within NGC6888 itself.

Thank you, just somtimes things seem to work! 

• Like 1

Just started on this one myself, hope it comes out just as good.  The one i took last time i wasn't fully happy with so trying with my 80ED this time for a wider field.  Excellent image

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sinbad40 said:

Just started on this one myself, hope it comes out just as good.  The one i took last time i wasn't fully happy with so trying with my 80ED this time for a wider field.  Excellent image

Thank you for the kind words. Im sure you pic will be brilliant.