Jupiter under the jetstream

Kon

I knew the jetstream forecast was bad and it did not dissapoint 🤣.....Of the 10x2min OSC captures only a 2min file was worth processing. The IR did not fair any better but managed to derotate  2x4min images.

2024-09-13-0432_9-Jupiter_lapl6_ap94-1.png.6eb9dbba94fb34fe9e7cd77a7c5a5512.png    2024-09-13-0453_8-Jupiter_lapl3_ap92.png.328094b7b02f5065635bf3d24347717d.png

Edited by Kon
  • Like 13

18 minutes ago, siatnite said:

A good effort Kon the jet stream turbulence was lousy last night.

Thanks Simon. I thought it might be ok as I images when it was quite high up. It's looking good tomorrow morning.

24 minutes ago, morimarty said:

That's a decent image Kostas depite the lousy conditions. My captures of jupiter went in the bin as I just couldn't get any data out of them.

Thanks Martyn. I felt the same with my captures too. It's looking promising tonight. I might not bother with Saturn and try get out for Jupiter and Mars.

Sigh!! I was also out last night and captured Saturn and Jupiter. Jupiter was captured low in the sky as I was numb with the cold and wasn't going to wait for it to get higher. I was very disappointed with viewing several targets through the eyepiece at the start of the session while waiting for Saturn to rise. I will probably process them in the morning as I've been far too busy all day today. Valiant effort Kostas and respectable images despite the Jetstream and conditions.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

Sigh!! I was also out last night and captured Saturn and Jupiter. Jupiter was captured low in the sky as I was numb with the cold and wasn't going to wait for it to get higher. I was very disappointed with viewing several targets through the eyepiece at the start of the session while waiting for Saturn to rise. I will probably process them in the morning as I've been far too busy all day today. Valiant effort Kostas and respectable images despite the Jetstream and conditions.

Thanks Ian. On the eyepiece Jupiter looked good but during imaging it really showed how bad it was. I have good hope for tonight. Looking forward to your pics.

• Like 1

Well done Kostas.  Whilst the images are soft there’s still a fair amount of detail showing in both RGB and IR, so I think you extracted the best that was available. I must say I admire your dedication, there’s no way I’d be staying up that late, or getting at that time to image Jupiter - I’ll wait for when it’s available closer to midnight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

Well done Kostas.  Whilst the images are soft there’s still a fair amount of detail showing in both RGB and IR, so I think you extracted the best that was available. I must say I admire your dedication, there’s no way I’d be staying up that late, or getting at that time to image Jupiter - I’ll wait for when it’s available closer to midnight.

Thanks Geof. I agree there is some details and I could have pushed it a bit more but it was getting very noisy. 

I might do an early Saturn tonight and then Jupiter. Seeing is looking promising.... tempted?? 😁 😉 

• Like 1