WBPP no longer removing dust motes !!

Used pixinsight for the last 2 years nearly ,not often as i would like due to my crappy UK east coast skies don't allow much imaging.

anyway recently i can no longer seem to remove dust motes,,flats look good i always use a flat panel with acrylic boards so can recreate accuracy every time .

ive reset WBPP to defaults tried new data, new flats, new darks the lot but still no joy .ive not done anything different.

ive tried the same data in DSS and it worked first go no issues ,i would like to carry on using WBPP for my stacking if i can sort the issue.

scope is Askar fra 400 camera is a osc imx571 sensor and on this occasion i was using a UVIR cut filter. the target was M31 .

2 hours ago, Laurin Dave said:

Could be that you have the CFA settings for the flats and lights incorrect and that WBPP therefore isn’t using the flats .. also check the calibration diagram 

I really. dont know ,i have done nothing different tbh ......i have tried so many things drive me mad lol.....i would like to see some screen shots of a working osc wbpp setup/

11 hours ago, ninjageezer said:

I really. dont know ,i have done nothing different tbh ......i have tried so many things drive me mad lol.....i would like to see some screen shots of a working osc wbpp setup/

Am away so can't im afraid but if you posted screenshots of your wbpp someone might see the issue .  

A Kind chap pointed out the issue.

The problem is that the filter name in the flats (NoFilter) is not consistent with the filter name in the lights (UVIR/Cut). In addition, the filter name in the lights has an invalid character--the "slash". End result? WBPP isn't applying the flat at all. I ran the process and simply overrode the "Auto" setting on the flat detection and specified that the flat should be applied, and everything appears to have worked fine......

tried this and it worked perfect.....

• Like 2