International Astronomy Show 2024

8 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

Trevor Jones has one and a YT review on Astro Backyard…looks good, but it’s certainly not for me…👍🏻

He's reviewed the 55, not the 85. Both are appealing, a 90mm I believe is the sweet spot for a refractor in terms of aperture, the respective medium FL and still being compact. Once you go up to 100mm+ they start becoming large and certainly more consideration needs to be applied to baggage if using them off site.

The 71F would be the sensible option considering how well priced it is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elp said:

He's reviewed the 55, not the 85. Both are appealing, a 90mm I believe is the sweet spot for a refractor in terms of aperture, the respective medium FL and still being compact. Once you go up to 100mm+ they start becoming large and certainly more consideration needs to be applied to baggage if using them off site.

Sorry yes, it was the 55, I only watched it last night too, shows how much I paid attention…😂😂

42 minutes ago, Elp said:

I assume you have seen this from early today…

5 minutes ago, FLO said:

Please note that our price and ETA are estimates based on information currently available. We will update both if required soon. 

Actually, it is best we remove our guestimate price until we know more about the actual landed price. We'll update the page soon. 

12 minutes ago, FLO said:

Actually, it is best we remove our guestimate price until we know more about the actual landed price. We'll update the page soon. 

Wise, I wouldn't have thought it was anywhere near the FSQ85 price, considering it only has SD glass too.