International Astronomy Show 2024

The International Astronomy Show is, we think, the best UK astronomy show for anyone wanting to see the latest astronomy equipment 🔭

FLO's stall alone will have 60+ telescopes! 

Date: Saturday 14th September

NEW VenueThe Sports Connexion, Leamington Road, Ryton On Dunsmore, Coventry, CV8 3FL

Free entry.

Free Parking.

Free Talks & Lectures.

Lots of Vendors 🙂 

Vendors: 

international_astronomy_show_vendors_2024_sgl_1.jpg.6d42125d517e8231d87d42e618edc467.jpg

international_astronomy_show_2024_venue.jpg.0165fa50e22a60c94c27494fd86342d9.jpg

Speakers: 

Dr Andrew Martin Thornett, M6THO - Mapping the Milky Way’s arms and demonstrating Dark Matter from your garden.
10.00 am - 11.00 am

James Rowley-Hill - Aurora Hunting in the UK
11.15 am - 12.15 pm

Paul Fellows MA FIET FRAS - Quark Stars and Strange Matter. 
1.00 pm - 2.00 pm

Dr Ann Bonell - Women in Astronomy
2.15 pm - 3.15 pm

We hope to see you there 🤗

UPDATE: The show was a success! Great venue, with lots of visitors and plenty of kit to play with 😀

Here's a video made by my colleague, Grant, moments before the doors opened: 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Steve, I can't imagine  anything better you could have written to attract people to attend the show.  It's almost cruel to dangle such carrots to tempt us impoverished astronomers. 😊

Edited by paulastro
  • Like 1

I might go along.  Pity it’s not going to be on Friday too.  The last astronomy show I went to was Saturday only and there were far too many people so the dog couldn’t see the rabbit if you get my drift.  

30 minutes ago, paulastro said:

Seve, I can't imagine anything better you could have written to attract people to attend the show.  It's almost cruel to dangle such carrots to tempt us impoverished astronomers. 😊

Three more carrots. 

1. Everything is 10% cheaper at the show. Order on the day or on Sunday (we have discount codes you can use when at home). 

2. Many of our display items will also be available to buy with a 15% discount (you'll need to collect them at 5 pm when the show has finished). 

3. And... We will have a 'Clearance Corner' with significantly reduced clearance, discontinued, ex-demo and B-grade stock. 

• Like 4

I'm thinking of coming to this one. I really enjoyed the SW Astro Fair, which FLO also attended, and I used to attend the IAS when it was at Kenilworth, which is not so far from the new venue I believe.

Free parking, show entry and speakers plus lots of equipment to ogle seems an excellent package 😁

(with a lot of the new stuff it's getting tricky for old hands like me to work out just what it is / does 🙄

• Like 3

20 hours ago, globular said:

I'm 56. Can you bring along something suitable for me to look at? 😊

I'm sure we can find something in navy blue, camel or grey, sir 🤗

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Will you be bringing an Askar 107phq with you? I've been on the fence about buying one to go with my AM5N that I purchased from you guys recently.

I'll likely want to buy it if you do. 😀

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mr Green said:

Will you be bringing an Askar 107phq with you? I've been on the fence about buying one to go with my AM5N that I purchased from you guys recently.

I'll likely want to buy it if you do. 😀

We'll have lots of Askar scopes with us at the IAS, including the 107 PHQ  🙂

Yesterday, a colleague set up one of our show display stands (to check everything fits) at the warehouse. Coincidentally, he fitted it with some Askar scopes. I have attached a quick photo. 

All our display scopes will be new stock that has been opened only so that we can display them at the IAS. You can buy one of the display scopes at the show (to be collected at 5 pm when the show has finished) with a 15% discount. Our regular show discount for new/unopened stock is 10%.

If you wish to buy and take home an unopened Askar 107 PHQ, please email us beforehand so we can reserve one for you. 

HTH, 

Steve

flo_display_1.jpg.cfa0367f06c137f86d330346592c5ee3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, FLO said:

We'll have lots of Askar scopes with us at the IAS, including the 107 PHQ  🙂

Yesterday, a colleague set up one of our show display stands (to check everything fits) at the warehouse. Coincidentally, he fitted it with some Askar scopes. I have attached a quick photo. 

All our display scopes will be new stock that has been opened only so that we can display them at the IAS. You can buy one of the display scopes at the show (to be collected at 5 pm when the show has finished) with a 15% discount. Our regular show discount for new/unopened stock is 10%.

If you wish to buy and take home an unopened Askar 107 PHQ, please email us beforehand so we can reserve one for you. 

HTH, 

Steve

flo_display_1.jpg.cfa0367f06c137f86d330346592c5ee3.jpg

Thanks Steve, I'll drop you guys an email this afternoon 👍 

• Thanks 1

I have just taken delivery of the new little Askar 71f Quad, and it is a lovely little scope, but I too like the look of the 107 as a main imaging scope…😀

Askar make some very nice kit, and 15% discount is very tempting…

Edited by Stuart1971

5 hours ago, Elp said:

Sqa55?

No problem. We'll have Askar SQA55 scopes with us at the IAS 🙂 

Please email if you would like us to reserve one for you. (We are packing the vans tomorrow, ready for our journey up Friday.)

HTH,

Steve 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

I don't suppose anyone will be showing the Askar 185mm? I'd like to see one in real life to see how big it is.

We'll have one of those too 🙂 

FLO is Askar's largest UK stockist, so we'll have several of their scopes with us. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Elp said:

Sqa55?

That looks a nice little scope, I have the Askar FMA180 pro which is excellent, I have it as a dual duty scope, wide field imager and as a guide scope, piggybacked on my Esprit..

Edited by Stuart1971

1 hour ago, Stuart1971 said:

That looks a nice little scope

It does, though it's very similar in FL to my reduced Z61. It'd make a decent dual purpose lens for day and night as it has aperture control. I'd prefer to also see the SQA85 but no info as of yet, if it does exist (some people have apparently tested it). The other option is the 71F.