First batch of images - Pixinsight

Hi All,

I'm a new user to Pixinsight and have re-processed some existing data that I have acquired this year.

I'm still trying to get to grips with the steap learning curve but think having some beginner level experience with other tools like Photoshop have helped.

I'd welcome any advice on where improvements could be made.

I think that I need to improve on masking while making curves adjustments and I've already been given a few tips on that.

The image of the heart nebula was just me experimenting but thought it worth sharing.

NGC7000 PI 03_09.jpg

NGC6960 PI 03_09.jpg

Heart PI.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks!

The heart image was merely an experiment with colours therefore I'll likely re-process that one.

I tried to mimic some of the images I've seen online of the veil. I was tempted to take that image into photoshop and fix the background colour as it did seem a bit too red.

ย 

• Like 1

Well done! ๐Ÿ™‚

I prefer the Amelican's (America and Pelican) colours, but you know, we shouldn't talk about colours... ๐Ÿ˜

I use the PixInsight for 1.5 year. After a year I finally started using the PI only, without an Affinity Photo. Sometimes I use it to correct hard to remove artefacts, but it's really rare. You will reach this point as well. Trying to learn too much at the time causes frustration because you cannot do everything well in the beginning. Good luck. ๐Ÿ˜Š

ย 

8 minutes ago, Vroobel said:

Well done! ๐Ÿ™‚

I prefer the Amelican's (America and Pelican) colours, but you know, we shouldn't talk about colours... ๐Ÿ˜

I use the PixInsight for 1.5 year. After a year I finally started using the PI only, without an Affinity Photo. Sometimes I use it to correct hard to remove artefacts, but it's really rare. You will reach this point as well. Trying to learn too much at the time causes frustration because you cannot do everything well in the beginning. Good luck. ๐Ÿ˜Š

ย 

Thanks, I've definitely a lot to learn with Pixinsight but enjoy the processing part and don't mind the challenges that come with it.

• Like 2