Need help for Wemos D1 R32 (ESP32) + CNC v3 + A4988 Motor Driver set Onstep Goto Tutorial

Hey folk, As I mentioned earlier my setup is Wemos D1 R32 (ESP32) + CNC v3 + A4988 Motor Driver set. I Want to build my Onstep Goto. Is there any full tutorial or guide for this common setup? I am a beginner in programming and this stuff so I have zero idea. Can you help me with support, please? Thanks in advance.

Ridz

My Setup.png

Edited by princeridz

Enter "Onstep Goto" into Google and you'll find details of their Yahoo user group, and links such as this one to the Github location for the files needed.

If you want others to assist then please post up specific questions.  If you have never programmed and are new to this, then I would suggest you google "Ardunio for beginners" or similar search string to get an understanding of how things are coded.  Yes all the code has been done, but you still need to download and get used to the IDE that is used to upload the code to the ESP32Duino.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malc-c said:

Enter "Onstep Goto" into Google and you'll find details of their Yahoo user group, and links such as this one to the Github location for the files needed.

If you want others to assist then please post up specific questions.  If you have never programmed and are new to this, then I would suggest you google "Ardunio for beginners" or similar search string to get an understanding of how things are coded.  Yes all the code has been done, but you still need to download and get used to the IDE that is used to upload the code to the ESP32Duino.  

This was really helpful sir. Appreciate it. Thanks

No worries, your welcome.

I've not looked into the project, but believe you can either buy a "kit" and put it all together, or buy your own parts and cobble it together.  Either way you need to have some understanding of electronics and how the Arduino IDE is used to upload the code to the device.  It's not difficult, and can often be fun and rewarding when the project you've been working on works for the first time.   The default "hello world" is to flash an LED once a second... that simple flashing LED has brought delight to millions of people since Arduino first appeared. 

• Like 1

On 04/09/2024 at 06:03, princeridz said:

Hey folk, As I mentioned earlier my setup is Wemos D1 R32 (ESP32) + CNC v3 + A4988 Motor Driver set. I Want to build my Onstep Goto. Is there any full tutorial or guide for this common setup? I am a beginner in programming and this stuff so I have zero idea. Can you help me with support, please? Thanks in advance.

Ridz

My Setup.png

The guide for building precisely this is on the onstep forum available from groups.io. 

• Like 1

On 05/09/2024 at 16:09, malc-c said:

No worries, your welcome.

I've not looked into the project, but believe you can either buy a "kit" and put it all together, or buy your own parts and cobble it together.  Either way you need to have some understanding of electronics and how the Arduino IDE is used to upload the code to the device.  It's not difficult, and can often be fun and rewarding when the project you've been working on works for the first time.   The default "hello world" is to flash an LED once a second... that simple flashing LED has brought delight to millions of people since Arduino first appeared. 

I see, I want to make this project anyway. 

On 07/09/2024 at 15:38, skybadger said:

You have found this link ? https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/wiki/19670

It's the build directions for your board combination though it's now in the deprecated list so getting online support may be harder than using one of the more recent variants.

Yeah, I found this. But I don't wanna go with this setup anymore. So I've sold those. Gonna order Fysetc E4 so very soon. Thanks for the help anyway. Appreciate it.

Edited by princeridz