Colimation trouble

So I thought it'd be a good idea to colimate my 200p dob. My little one had tried playing with the secondary mirror, hence my need to colimate. I tried following the astro baby tutorial. I thought I'd been successful until I tested out on a chimney I can see which is a couple of streets away. With my 25mm eyepiece in place I can't seem to bring the chimney into focus.  The problem is I run out of outward travel just as it starts to come out of a blur and into focus. Where have I gone wrong? 

Thanks. 

Thanks for your replies. I've checked with the eyepiece extended eyepiece and got a clear view. I understand I have to do a star test but for now I just wanted to see if I could get any kind of view, no doubt I'm still going to be out of colimation when I do test it out in the dark. 

You can try using a reflective Christmas globe ornament or ball bearing with a flashlight (torch) shining on it from a distance to create an artificial star.  You do need to be in a darkened environment for this to work.  If indoors, you could try using mirrors to double the distance.  That, and you'll probably need an extension tube to reach focus.

23 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

I have no idea why when you link to a thread it displays some random post in the thread instead of the original post... :blink:

The link you posted included the <#comment-4443538> which took us to the in-thread reply rather than the top of the thread.  I don't know why it did that either. 

Edited by Gfamily