Show your favourite Sky at Night posters

Scosmico

Some of you who have been following the Sky at Night magazine for many years and possibly have kept some of its posters.

I have kept the one below. 

It is not just pretty, but very useful for lunar observations. 

Have you kept any? which one?

20240902_161328.thumb.jpg.0942f01d834d259a22b10614a097322b.jpg

• Like 4

@Scosmico That is a nice looking poster and a good idea to frame it. I'll need to have a search through my Sky At Night collection to see if I have kept any of the posters, you have got me thinking now. :) 

Jim 

Edited by saac
  • Like 1

Nice poster, good idea to frame it. I saw a nice fold up lunar map available from FLO, it’s got me thinking I should now get it. I generally get Astronomy Now, my dear old dad buys me a subscription every year, but they don’t include posters. The one image I would really like on my wall is the conjunction of Comet C/2021 A1 Leonard and globular cluster Messier 3 - now if I could find a poster of that….

• Like 2

I dont think you are going regret it if you have the space. I got the frame from a charity shop. Some are better than others, I have kept some which I like the most. If you don't want it please send it on my way. I am covering one wall of my office with them.

8 hours ago, saac said:

@Scosmico That is a nice looking poster and a good idea to frame it. I'll need to have a search through my Sky At Night collection to see if I have kept any of the posters, you have got me thinking now. :) 

Jim 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RobertI said:

Nice poster, good idea to frame it. I saw a nice fold up lunar map available from FLO, it’s got me thinking I should now get it. I generally get Astronomy Now, my dear old dad buys me a subscription every year, but they don’t include posters. The one image I would really like on my wall is the conjunction of Comet C/2021 A1 Leonard and globular cluster Messier 3 - now if I could find a poster of that….

Some images trigger some wonder in me. Some more than others. The images from Cassini in black and white are pure art. 

• Like 2

On 02/09/2024 at 23:25, Jim Franklin said:

I have not bought a printed magazine in more than 10 years. 

I used to be an avid reader of print magazines, astronomy and photographic, but no longer.  I do occasionally buy back numbers of Sky & Telescope from a local trader in Rayleigh Essex.

But having said that, if I walk into WH Smith’s in Southend Essex they stock a vast amount of print magazines of almost every imaginable subject. It would seem that print magazines are very much alive!

Ed.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, NGC 1502 said:

I used to be an avid reader of print magazines, astronomy and photographic, but no longer.  I do occasionally buy back numbers of Sky & Telescope from a local trader in Rayleigh Essex.

But having said that, if I walk into WH Smith’s in Southend Essex they stock a vast amount of print magazines of almost every imaginable subject. It would seem that print magazines are very much alive!

Ed.

I used to live on Westcliffe Esplanade so I know that WHS quite well - I'm an Essex boy by birth. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim Franklin said:

I used to live on Westcliffe Esplanade so I know that WHS quite well - I'm an Essex boy by birth. 

You take the boy out of Essex, but you cannot take the Essex out of the boy….

and that’s me born and bred Essex boy speaking.

As to the OP and posters, they always had my interest and I kept them, they were many a time chopped up for our daughters school projects.

• Haha 2