ASIAir Pro and Camera Orientation

When the ASIAir Pro does a plate solve, does it also figure out the cameras orienration?

If so..... can I rotate the camera. Then keep plate solving till I get the correct orientation?

Thank you.

Yes it does. As you rotate the camera you would also call up another preview image which would of course show the new rotated framing and camera angle.  I know you didn't seek an automated solution but I thought it worthwhile to say that Deep Sky Dad now provides a camera rotator and a connection cable that will communicate with the ASiAir. It looks like quite a neat solution in the absence of any offering from ZWO.  If you watch the video you will get an idea of what the ASi menu/display will show re camera angle and how you could use the same information to do a manual rotation.

Jim 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Jim!

I have seen that rotator.... and it's price to!!! Until I have a spare 500 quid. I don't mind fannying about manually!

Edited by Spad
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spad said:

Thanks Jim!

I have seen that rotator.... and it's price to!!! Until I gave a spare 500 quid. I don't mind fannying about manually!

Yep they are expensive, especially given that it is a relatively easy manual task. The only reason for showing the video though was to show you the Air's menu system and how you could use the information to do a manual rotation. I think the Air makes it a relatively easy task, 

Jim 

• Thanks 1

@Spad Not sure if you have seen this, or how much you already know, but Trevor gives  a good overview of how the ASI Air operates in the real world of imaging in this video - it may or may not be informative for you. 

Edited by Jim Franklin
  • Thanks 1