A Little bit of Black Stuff.

Budgie1

Second night in a row imaging! :hello2:

So, I was looking for a good broadband target which filled the image nicely and settled on LDN1082, a region of Dark nebula that I haven't imaged before.

I think it's come out nice for just over 4 hours of subs.

Kit: Founder FOT106, ASI2600MC Pro (gain 100, offset 20 @-10°C) on HEQ5.

Using APT for acquisition, along with PHD2 for guiding, which was really good last night with an average of 0.32 RMS error. Stacked & processed in PI.

Thanks for looking and do the clicky thing for larger. ;)

LDN1082_4h5m_OSC_FOT106_ASI2600MC-1.thumb.png.d4f1d6cf12170afb326f80fdfc9d59f4.png 

• Like 22

12 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

Lovely image..👏🏻

How do you find the FO 106, does it give perfect stars to the corners with your 2600 sensor..?

Thanks Stuart,

This is only the second image I've taken with the FOT106 but I can't fault it. The stars are showing a little elongation in the corners but I think this is due to back focus and I'm going to add a couple of thin spacers to see if that's the case.

The build quality is really good and the focuser has a rotator for the whole focuser and a second one which just rotates the camera! If I had one niggle, it would be that the lens cap is a screw fit, which means it's secure but a faff to put on & take off.

Here's the raw stack of the above image with only an STF stretch applied, nothing else. ;)

masterLight_BIN_1_6248x4176_EXPOSURE_300_00s_FILTER_NoFilter_RGB_autocrop_integration_autocrop_ADBE_mosaic.thumb.png.54aa4109cafe9bc9647493c9426289e3.png

Edited by Budgie1
Spelling
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Budgie1 said:

Thanks Stuart,

This is only the second image I've taken with the FOT106 but I can't fault it. The stars are showing a little elongation in the corners but I think this is due to back focus and I'm going to add a couple of thin spacers to see if that's the case.

The build quality is really good and the focuser has a rotator for the whole focuser and a second one which just rotates the camera! If I had one niggle, it would be that the lens cap is a screw fit, which means it's secure but a faff to put on & take off.

Here's the raw stack of the above image with only an STF stretch applied, nothing else. ;)

masterLight_BIN_1_6248x4176_EXPOSURE_300_00s_FILTER_NoFilter_RGB_autocrop_integration_autocrop_ADBE_mosaic.thumb.png.54aa4109cafe9bc9647493c9426289e3.png

Thanks for that, the image you show looks excellent with very minimal elongation…I looked at this scope myself and dismissed it for no apparent reason other than not being a fan of the colour…😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stuart1971 said:

Thanks for that, the image you show looks excellent with very minimal elongation…I looked at this scope myself and dismissed it for no apparent reason other than not being a fan of the colour…😂

My colour scheme is all over the show anyway and it doesn't look that bad at night! 🤣

20240901_175420.thumb.jpg.895feaf635d0d8c4808183ec20079bd5.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Budgie1 said:

LDN1082, a region of Dark nebula

That's a fantastic image Martin.  Nice colour and dust separation.  The AberrationInspector snippet gives a hint to the original stack and the processing work & skill you've put in for the end result.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, geeklee said:

That's a fantastic image Martin.  Nice colour and dust separation.  The AberrationInspector snippet gives a hint to the original stack and the processing work & skill you've put in for the end result.

Thanks Lee, 

It also shows how clean the stacked image is, straight out of the ASI2600MC, there was very little noise reduction needed. 👍

• Like 1