Saturn 30-8-24

morimarty

This image of Saturn was captured on the 30-8-24. I decided to swap camera's from the Asi290mm to the Asi462mc to make processing with winjupos a touch easier.

C11xlt - Asi462mc - Amplification .12pp - five 3minute runs derotated WinJupos.

Saturn30-8-24642mc_ac1.png.e20046eabda00e87a02f8e3d740e989d.png

• Like 19

Just noticed a slight blue cast on top of the globe while checking for any artifacts so tried to reduce it. I also increased saturation a touch more.

4 hours ago, Kon said:

Very nice Saturn and excellent banding definition. Do you think that's a spoke at the left hand side?

Hi Kostas I've had a good look but not sure what you mean.

Saturn30-8-24642mc_ac8.png.e402d476df80094e9478f9a0787be559.png

53 minutes ago, morimarty said:

Just noticed a slight blue cast on top of the globe while checking for any artifacts so tried to reduce it. I also increased saturation a touch more.

Hi Kostas I've had a good look but not sure what you mean.

Saturn30-8-24642mc_ac8.png.e402d476df80094e9478f9a0787be559.png

The darker feature marked below. I think it is easier to confirm with an animation.

markup_1000016565.png.4b9a38cfae14766b9055159a38e1cda8.png

• Like 1

On 01/09/2024 at 16:38, Kon said:

The darker feature marked below. I think it is easier to confirm with an animation.

markup_1000016565.png.4b9a38cfae14766b9055159a38e1cda8.png

I see what you mean.  Though at this ring angle. Certainly more difficult to tell one way or another. Even possibly  with a animation. I would always remain open minded. Emil believed he may have been picking them up at this sort of angle.

Good example of Hubble seeing them

• Like 2

Hi Neil. What a great example this animation has of this effect. So thanks for posting this. When Kostas first picked up on this I thought I had a artifact through over processing the data. So well done to you both for pointing this effect out to me.

Bye the way It's great to see you posting again 👍

4 hours ago, morimarty said:

Hi Neil. What a great example this animation has of this effect. So thanks for posting this. When Kostas first picked up on this I thought I had a artifact through over processing the data. So well done to you both for pointing this effect out to me.

If you have more captures from the night it might be worth doing an animation and see if they move.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, morimarty said:

Hi Martin also good to see your beautiful images again. I hoped you would enjoy seeing that animation. Yes it really shows the spokes well

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a superb Saturn Martyn. I’ve been away for so long that I’m only now catching up with the work everyone’s already done this apparition. Yet again I didn’t get started until after Saturn reached opposition, so I’m going to be playing catch to get a decent one for 2024.

Edited by geoflewis
  • Like 1