Jupiter and Mars (31/08/24)

Kon

Jupiter and Mars under good conditions ruined by the windy gusts. Jupiter is in the company of Io and Ganymede. Mars is still tiny. The 12" and Goto are game changers for me and looking forward to good seeing. Jupiter is 6x120s derotated and Mars is a single capture as seeing dropped a lot. Skywatcher 300P Flextube Goto, asi462mc, UV/IR cut filter, 2.5x TV powermate and ZWO ADC. Jupiter 125% of capture size and Mars at 150%.

image.png.b037f17e9fe23278fc19da90df251662.pngimage.png.55b66f8e7c7ef27bd62350b0b464bbc1.png

• Like 24

35 minutes ago, morimarty said:

They are superb Kostas for such early captures Especially with the windy conditions. Very Well Done.

Thanks Martyn. I am still not too happy with the Jupiter colour balance as it feels a bit 'cold' but getting it warmer looks too yellow for my liking.

1 hour ago, CraigT82 said:

Nice work! Bodes well for Jupiter’s opposition that you’re getting so much detail now. 

Thanks Craig. Yes looking forward to opposition.

12 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Looking very good Kostas!

Thanks Stuart. Not very happy with the colours at the moment, so loads of room for improvement 😁

Almost identical to what I captured last week. Despite decent seeing my Jupiter was much the same colours as yours. Mars looking nice but small. December 7th Jupiter will be in opposition. Not looking good for Saturns opposition here in Oxford though.

2 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Both looking very good this early 

Thanks Neil. Quite frustrated with the seeing as I have not got a decent Saturn this apparition yet. The weather is not looking good for a while either.

2 hours ago, bosun21 said:

Almost identical to what I captured last week. Despite decent seeing my Jupiter was much the same colours as yours. Mars looking nice but small. December 7th Jupiter will be in opposition. Not looking good for Saturns opposition here in Oxford though.

I am down the road from you, outside Swindon, and the weather is looking as good as yours Ian 🥲. I am still to get a good Saturn this apparition but there is always hope (at least it is not silly hours to image it these days). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kon said:

I am down the road from you, outside Swindon, and the weather is looking as good as yours Ian 🥲. I am still to get a good Saturn this apparition but there is always hope (at least it is not silly hours to image it these days). 

I knew you were near Oxford but not by how far. So it looks like our weather will be more or less the same the majority of the time. Do you know what causes the colour differences like both of our last images? It's puzzling as everything else being unchanged yet the colours when aligned and balanced is different. Must be the sky conditions surely. The go to on the dobs makes a big difference as you said. Thanks Kostas.

31 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

I knew you were near Oxford but not by how far. So it looks like our weather will be more or less the same the majority of the time. Do you know what causes the colour differences like both of our last images? It's puzzling as everything else being unchanged yet the colours when aligned and balanced is different. Must be the sky conditions surely. The go to on the dobs makes a big difference as you said. Thanks Kostas.

I touched the white balance to make it warmer but I think I made a mess of it. I will try go back to my normal processing. I think your new 585 has better colours than the 462 as it seems to bleed between the red and blue. I am contemplating on getting it but probably later in the year.

I am looking forward to your 585 captures.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...