Asi/Atik Equivalent

Hello

I'm thinking of making the jump to an asi mono camera for deep sky imaging, I've only used Atik cameras over the years. Iv got an Atik 460ex mono, what would be the equivalent asi mono camera or most similar? 

Thanks

I think that closest would be ASI183mm-pro if you bin its pixel 2x2 "by default".

ASI183 has 2.4um pixel size and when you bin it it will be 4.8um which is pretty close to Atik's 4.54um pixel size.

ASI183 has resolution of 5496x3672 px which when you bin x2 turns into 2748 x 1836 which is pretty close to 2749 x 2199 - you will lack about 20% in vertical direction, so instead of ~ 4:3 aspect ratio, you will use ~ 16:10

Only thing that most people are concerned with is that ASI183 has some amp glow - but it calibrates out nicely. If that bothers you then you should probably look at some other model.

• Thanks 1