Design of a an adapter to 90 degree polar telescope

Astrofriend

I already before used a 3D-printed adapter to attache a 90 degree viewer to a Star Adventurer's polar telescope. A big improvement, but still some need to get it better. This time I design my own adapter with the goal to make it much more stable.

Here is my project page with photos and information:

http://www.astrofriend.eu/3d-printing/90degree-polarfinder-adapter/03-90degree-polarfinder-adapter.html

With the indoor test I have done it looks very promising, much more stable now compared to the older one. If the later outdoor tests goes well I will put up STL files for download for you who find it interesting. It fit SkyWatchers EQ6, HEQ5, Star Adventurer polar scopes, maybe others as well.

Lars

Edited by Astrofriend

No, I didn't design it that way. I want it more stable and the ring towards the polar telescope clamps around it. I will see later when I get a clear night if that cause a problem. I don't think that more important is that it align to the optical axis.

ps.

That was an expensive one, I think I paid 20 Euro for mine, and then of course I had to make the adapter.

Lars