Help needed: OSC camera images totally green (but it's not what you think)

Lee_P

3 hours ago, gorann said:

Yes, do you feel the pressure from us curious SGLers for putting in the old cable so we can finally conclude?😅

Ha, maybe I owe it to SGL!

23 minutes ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

Could be the non camera end of the usb cable, or whatever it's plugged into

Issues persist regardless of whether the camera is plugged into my ASIAIR or laptop with ASIStudio, if that's what you mean?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee_P said:

Issues persist regardless of whether the camera is plugged into my ASIAIR or laptop with ASIStudio, if that's what you mean?

Must be usb lead,  camera or camera usb socket then.

Probably ;)

• Haha 1

Last night everything worked perfectly again (using the original ZWO cable). Looks like I might have to swap in the Lindy cable and see if the problem returns 🥴

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lee_P said:

Last night everything worked perfectly again (using the original ZWO cable). Looks like I might have to swap in the Lindy cable and see if the problem returns 🥴

Or leave it alone :)

4 minutes ago, Lee_P said:

It's a genuine dilemma!

I try to only touch hardware if I have to.

Attempting to remove a tiny spec of dust off my UV/ir cut filter took much longer than I assumed. Won't be doing that again unless a bird craps on it. 

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

After a few weeks of it working ok, the problem returned. Booo. So it's not the cable. Wiggling the cable does spark it back into a working state (albeit temporarily) so I reckon it's something to do with the camera's USB port. ZWO customer support suggested I open the camera up and inspect the board. I found a dead bug over the relevant part, but nothing else out of the ordinary. I gave the camera a good clean with a rocket blower, and removed a few more dead bugs from its innards. Place your bets: will it now be fixed? 🧐

Bug.thumb.JPG.8bb6749f1c4fd49c7a287e594b3f367b.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lee_P said:

ZWO customer support suggested I open the camera up and inspect the board.

I'm looking at the image and reading the above as : "ZWO customer support suggested I open the camera up and insect the board." and wondering how does one go about "insecting" the board and which insect should they use :D

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Lee_P said:

bug

Computing is generally full of bugs... This kind of explains why their updates are such...

Edited by Elp
  • Haha 1