Was this Northern lights?

Neil H

10 hours ago, Neil H said:

About 30 mins later my camera did focus on mars and Jupiter, I think it was on the news that there was a chance of northern lights

Did you take the photo outside or inside through a window? I used to be able to darken my back room and shoot through the window (for overnight timelapses), but now my neighbours like to illuminate their gardens I get internal reflections from the double glazing that look a lot like those in your picture.

If I had not seen the aurora recently I would have said thees nothing there,  but having had that experience that first picture in particular looks like it to me.

1 hour ago, Paz said:

If I had not seen the aurora recently I would have said thees nothing there,  but having had that experience that first picture in particular looks like it to me.

On the first picture, it looks like the right hand band in particular slightly obscures the cables and makes the roof tiles lighter. That's why I think it is possibly light reflection rather than aurora.

5 hours ago, Shimrod said:

On the first picture, it looks like the right hand band in particular slightly obscures the cables and makes the roof tiles lighter. That's why I think it is possibly light reflection rather than aurora.

I see the vertical  bands but they are not what I was thinking of, I should have specified in the first photo I think there is a coloured area in the sky from the left edge across to just past the centre. M45 is just outside of the top  right border of it, Hyades is inside the bottom right border, and it extends left and slightly downwards across Orion and on to the edge of the frame. I could be incorrect but that's what I thought.