M16 eagle nebula and pillars or creation lol

Quick process of my entire 35 x 60sec subs through trees, between a roof and chimney and clouds and moon.

I'm convinced I can see the pillars of creation though :)

I then got an additional 8 x 60sec to add to my M27 before full cloud coverage :(

at least the jet stream seems to have jumped back up north.

m162040sec.thumb.jpg.ad78aea1b3eb926ad4980ee718d3be22.jpg

• Like 18

11 minutes ago, Gogleddgazer said:

That's  definitely what you were targeting.  A much better image than my first attempt using a dslr a few years back!

That's kind of you to say, but I can only assume you left your lens cap on :)

I'm gonna try a drizzled version, and while I didn't quite make Hubble redundant, I'm actually quite happy with this for 35 minutes broadband in bortle6.

when my dnb filter arrives, I'll try again for comparison if visible, but otherwise it's too low for me.

I'd love to image tho Ophiuchi but that's even lower :(

Nice one Tiff, can see the Goose in the center there

Rho was a favorite with our Saudi astro group.  Could be tricky even at 24N, the dust or LP usually mucked it up

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 900SL said:

Rho

That's the scourge of my summers. Finally had a chance to image this season, but technology had another idea. I did eventually capture 30 mins but it was too noisy and little colour as it was right above horizon. Will try again, M16 used to be the candidate but in comparison is quite high up.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 900SL said:

Nice one Tiff, can see the Goose in the center there

Rho was a favorite with our Saudi astro group.  Could be tricky even at 24N, the dust or LP usually mucked it up

Almost 30 degrees down south from me I'm very jealous.

Is there any advantage to my northern location? 

3 minutes ago, Elp said:

That's the scourge of my summers. Finally had a chance to image this season, but technology had another idea. I did eventually capture 30 mins but it was too noisy and little colour as it was right above horizon. Will try again, M16 used to be the candidate but in comparison is quite high up.

M16 is at zenith compared to rho for me lol :( well, 23 degrees

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

Almost 30 degrees down south from me I'm very jealous.

Is there any advantage to my northern location? 

I was wondering the same thing lol. M16 peaks at 19° but my house tops out at 23°.

Even Orion can be a challenge to be honest.

• Like 1

Just now, Ratlet said:

I was wondering the same thing lol. M16 peaks at 19° but my house tops out at 23°.

I took Orion back in January so I'm safe for my main interest thankfully should be able to get at least 5 hours November time onwards. It's taken me six months to work out why it's now in the east :)

Orion's also a swine at times. On one side of the garden it's pretty sweet until December, then roof cuts it out during the night and weeks after. Annoyingly me standing right next to the scope can see it perfectly fine, scope doing the down low can't.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Elp said:

Orion's also a swine at times. On one side of the garden it's pretty sweet until December, then roof cuts it out during the night and weeks after. Annoyingly me standing right next to the scope can see it perfectly fine, scope doing the down low can't.

I've been planning via stellarium for horsehead to return since like February. I still might have it wrong, but I'm certain I can see it in west ish around Jan. How high it gets in the east in a month or two I'm not sure. Still trying to work out how sky works lol.

It's usually low until November. And at that point it's usually dark around 7 so more imaging time. Obvs depends on where in the world you are at the time.

Edited by Elp
  • Like 1

ok drizzle just seemed to add noise, but i managed to get almost another hour on m16 on tuesday night. heavily culled my subs from 4740sec down to this image of 3720sec.

maybe more detail, definately a little more shadow and light. will continue to try and add more time through rest of august, after that it disappears from sight for the year 

image.thumb.jpeg.68b820cb8e820a76272ef278c41f0fd7.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Martyn87 said:

@TiffsAndAstro looks great, the pillars are definitely visible! What's your setup? 

Ty for your kind words :( my gear should be in my signature :)

sw 72ed, ovl flattener, svbony sv605cc, sw SA GTi, zwo 120/f4 guide scope with zwo 120mm mini guide scope. 

it will never be good with my gear, skill and location, but maybe I'll get a narrowband filter soon enough to try a comparison. 

Edited by TiffsAndAstro

On 12/08/2024 at 17:46, Ratlet said:

Similar situation for me 😞 I need to try and find an alternative spot away from my house

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AstroMuni said:

Similar situation for me 😞 I need to try and find an alternative spot away from my house

I don't have that option :(It's only an experiment for me, wasn't expecting to see it, let alone beat Hubble like I have ;)