Anybody got any good Perseid shots so far ....(Aug 2024)

The weather has not been too inclement in the last couple of days, and the Moon is not really bright enough to cause to much glow in the hours past midnight.

I always like to see a good Perseid shot.

I will set the ball rolling.   Shot last night  (about 2:30am'ish)  with Canon 600D ( 16mm Samyang, 25seconds f2.8, photo cropped and a bit of PS Camera Raw Filter)

IMG_8078copy.thumb.jpg.659b3c5f52570ff7b2d51e5de671e7e7.jpg

So I got a Perseid  😀,  Jupiter, Mars, Uranus  and the Pleiades.....

Good luck.

Sean.

• Like 7

Got these 3 early hours this morning. First time with my Samyang 14mm at F2.8 ISO 1600. I lost a lot of shots to dew, will use a Dew strap tonight 🙄

perseidsandmilkywayfinal2.thumb.png.7f5ba5e77ba1081acf8dd5ae5f6c5a42.png

• Like 7

I've seen three bright ones in 30 mins from bortle 7, just looking straight up near zenith. Saw a couple faints ones last week too sitting with my scope whilst imaging.

51 minutes ago, Tomatobro said:

The easiest way to explain is for folks to view the attached video. See Mark McIntyre presentation at the end.

y to explain the camera is to view this 

Thanks for sharing, I’ll watch that.

I had a good experience in 2022 and hoped to repeat that this Perseid season. So far I've only managed to capture a passing satellite the other evening but who knows what tonight will bring. Here's my favourite from 2022:

Perseids & Aircraft crossing.jpg

Edited by Tony Acorn
typo
  • Like 6

Had the camera running for an hour last night as I sat watching the show , needless to say I saw many more than the camera caught ... 😄

I did get this one which was the best of the bunch.

Canon EOS 90D , Canon 10-20mm lens @10mm , single 30 second exposure , f5 @ ISO 4000.

And a helpful coating of dew ... 😉

CaughtoneIMG_0127tweakedCropped.thumb.JPG.cd4757e6745e04cc06160226a6d0ea7a.JPG

Edited by Steve Ward
  • Like 7

Here's mine from the early hours of Monday morning..  about 12:30 to 2:30  ...  a somewhat disappointing number captured... 4!  before the camera dewed up...  but did manage to  grab a bit of Aurora

Dave

Perseids_12Aug24_crop_Final.thumb.jpg.f3defdf5012ba367a3de87c04febad4f.jpg 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, tomato said:

When you see a whole night's worth stacked you can see why they are called meteor showers.

Certainly can, that’s great. 

Edited by Scooot

And as time goes by, I managed to compile a 40s video out of 3h capture I did. The setup was not ideal (135mm f1.8, nikon z6ii) but this was my secondary setup so I was playing. In a way, at that focal length, one could call it lucky imaging !

Enjoy :)

Edited by lpalbou
  • Like 4