Classifieds inquiry

Good day/evening everyone,

Noob here, totally sorry. I was curious how the classifieds worked? Have a whole kit I am looking to sell and I don't necessarily trust Reddit, have not had the best luck on OfferUp. I presume there is a particular post or engagement requirement I will have to fulfill. Do you guys have any recommendations or tips? Thank you for any advice you can provide! 

Clear skies,

Michael

Morning Michael and welcome.

The Classified section is open after you've been here a while , here's the quote from the "Code of Conduct" page found along the top banner.

The Buy & Sell section
Access to SGL's buy and sell section is a privilege that has to be earned, You can do this by accumulating 50 posts to view / buy from the classifieds and 250 posts to place an advert in the classifieds.
This has been initiated so that people can't just join the forum so they can off load or buy up astronomy equipment.
Posting an advert on behalf of someone who is not a member of SGL or on behalf of a member not entitled to post an advert is not permitted.
Linking to an external site to highlight an item you have for sale is not permitted on our boards.
Please note that the Buy & Sell section is primarily for our members personal "astronomical" equipment.
Any commercial use of this section will have to be cleared by Admin PRIOR to any sales activity.

You will need to establish yourself with a few more posts before you can post in the classifieds section.

Bear in mind this is a UK based site.

CloudyNights is a US based site

Hope that helps and welcome to SGL 👍

33 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

The minimum requirement is 30 days membership and more than relevant 25 posts.

Hi Peter ,

Might it be an idea then to update the rules in the "Code of Conduct"  the in the header bar that I quoted in the first reply ... ?

• Like 1

On 08/08/2024 at 07:21, Steve Ward said:

Might it be an idea then to update the rules in the "Code of Conduct"  the in the header bar that I quoted in the first reply ... ?

I apologise. It's been on my todo list for far too long. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...