Perseid Meteors.

It's looking like it could be a good year, and perhaps even some clear sky around the peak nights here in the UK!

And just in time for the Perseids, it looks like the UK Meteor Network is back on line, while the archive can be found here! Check out the meteors live page for the most recent meteors captured by the network.

Unfortunately due to current personal circumstances I'll have to sit this one out (really annoyed - I hardly ever miss a major shower peak!), but I hope others manage to catch some!

Think I've seen a few already during the odd clear night recently, you generally know you've seen them even when you don't see them directly like fireballs as a lot are very faint.

I saw about 20 on Tuesday night, many faint though. Will try again on Saturday and Monday if clear. we got 13P/Olbers on a seestar and I imaged TCrB with a 100mm lens and Canon 70D

This is last nights captured and detected stacks from one of my GMN/UKMON Cameras - UK00C2 (facing East) - intermittent cloud but still quite busy.

The Global Meteor Network has an updated status page and is a big improvement over their old one --> GMN UK RMS Cameras

My cameras are : UK00A3 (NE), UK00C1 (South), UK00C2 (East) and UK00CD (North-ish)

Captured Stack

image.thumb.png.89183d9da889800639ac49aca0bfc856.png

Detected Stack

image.thumb.png.c6d0c337f3f6f9189a611095051df07c.png

• Like 7

Saw nine with trails last night between 2300-0100. Saw more satellites moving past than meteors.

It's actually no joke, just looking at my video footage there's always at least 3-4 satellites in shot, as soon as one goes another comes into shot, at one point I think there's 6 at once.

Edited by Elp
  • Haha 1