SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M3 Attempt

BlueAstra

Went out with my Canon 1000d and skywatcher 1145p for a quick look around. Only had about an hour or so at 10pm since I had to get up the next day. This is where the goto helps maximise viewing time. After aligning the scope, went to M3 and took about 7 subs at 45s, and 3 darks. I not sure the tracking is accurate at longer exposures, will give that a go another time. A found with my Saturn shots with a Neximage that you have to tweak the target position after you've 'goto' it for a stable shot. I put the result into DSS and let it go, then gave the contrast a tweak in photshop.

Not brilliant, a little fuzzy with the tracking issue. Learn't a few more things about the use of the camera, and gradually building up experience for the next time.

post-16060-133877372148_thumb.jpg

poco a poco, yep you will slowly sort each bit out then you will surprise yourself with how quickly you can set everything up and the photos you end up with.

Good pic, I always feel you have to remember that each pic involves a hell of a lot of work with this hobby from whoever took it.

Neil C

Archived