Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep24_banner.thumb.jpg.56e65b9c9549c15ed3f06e146fc5f5f1.jpg

BlueAstra

M3 Attempt

Went out with my Canon 1000d and skywatcher 1145p for a quick look around. Only had about an hour or so at 10pm since I had to get up the next day. This is where the goto helps maximise viewing time. After aligning the scope, went to M3 and took about 7 subs at 45s, and 3 darks. I not sure the tracking is accurate at longer exposures, will give that a go another time. A found with my Saturn shots with a Neximage that you have to tweak the target position after you've 'goto' it for a stable shot. I put the result into DSS and let it go, then gave the contrast a tweak in photshop.

Not brilliant, a little fuzzy with the tracking issue. Learn't a few more things about the use of the camera, and gradually building up experience for the next time.

post-16060-133877372148_thumb.jpg

poco a poco, yep you will slowly sort each bit out then you will surprise yourself with how quickly you can set everything up and the photos you end up with.

Good pic, I always feel you have to remember that each pic involves a hell of a lot of work with this hobby from whoever took it.

Neil C