Old images tweaked

Haven't touched a image for a long time. Did some slight adjustments. Long term members will know these images. Feels strange tweaking these. Like i had never stopped. Jupiter was also fairly low 

21st July 2021 

21st july 2021.png

jupiterJuly22nd r.png

16 degrees 21st july 2021

21st july 2021  16 degrees s 50.png

s1.png

Gif indicating a storm. Which i was fairly confident about as others were also picking these up in Australia 

neptune.gif.8c674c58b60d6a30cac7dff749bb04de-ezgif.com-resize.gif

t1.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 19

Lovely images Neil always a pleasure to see them, what kind of processing tweaks did you apply this time? Agree work Kostas the  Neptune image, and Uranus, are really special shots 

1 hour ago, CraigT82 said:

Lovely images Neil always a pleasure to see them, what kind of processing tweaks did you apply this time? Agree work Kostas the  Neptune image, and Uranus, are really special shots 

Hi Craig I did some slight color adjustments and a little extra sharpening on the Jupiter shots. I Also increased the histogram level of all the shots. My glasses are not ideal actually. slightly off. So I hope I'm not missing anything

Cheers

Posted (edited)

I have quite a bit of data archived. Wonder if I should explore some of it again one day  ? Its interesting when I look at some of my really early work. I Think wow how awful was that processing. I wouldn't even dream of processing those images like that today

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

I have quite a bit of data archived. Wonder if I should explore some of it again one day  ? Its interesting when I look at some of my really early work. I Think wow how awful was that processing. I wouldn't even dream of processing those images like that today

If you have good quality data, then it will be worth it. Your processing style is top notch so good to keep posting them here for reference.

We all started somewhere , and I do feel embarrassed from several of my old pics too, but it also shows our learning journey.

Edited by Kon

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Kon said:

If you have good quality data, then it will be worth it. Your processing style is top notch so good to keep posting them here for reference.

We all started somewhere , and I do feel embarrassed from several of my old pics too, but it also shows our learning journey.

Yes the learning journey that's the key part isn't it. Just about to test a Intel i9 16 gb ram 1 TB asus evobook lets see what it can do

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

Lovely images Neil, it's oftenworth looking back and seeing whether you left anything on the table.

Hi Geoff that's so true. Often for those that have this truly in their blood. The pull back to it can be very strong, I once stopped for a few years selling everything. Bar a tube assembly. Only to get a new scope (scopes) mount and 3 new cameras. A case in point. Cheers

• Like 1

Good to see you back on here Neil!

Brilliant images! Gold medal standard! That Saturn shot at 16 degrees is simply awesome! You've inspired me for over 10 years and every time I see your work it still gives me a buzz.

On 11/08/2024 at 17:06, Space Cowboy said:

Good to see you back on here Neil!

Brilliant images! Gold medal standard! That Saturn shot at 16 degrees is simply awesome! You've inspired me for over 10 years and every time I see your work it still gives me a buzz.

Thanks Stuart. You know there's much you did over the years that inspired me too. Especially recently both you and Kostas Venus work was some of, if not the best Britain had to offer. With scopes that are affordable. And taken in the UK. Makes it even more of a achievement. I should study my saved files. That Jupiter was just a random try. I decided to give up imaging again. when Jupiter was high last year. Life has a way of changing our focus on even things we love. But its always been a  honor to share this amazing side to astronomy with so many on here. Me and you definitely learned so much from each other over the years. More than that, became friends too. I always come back here. So many great times and memories. I get inspired to carry on. Just being here. And most of that is the interest we all seem to share about what we do.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/08/2024 at 19:02, siatnite said:

Hi Neil

Some Beautiful images there the Saturn being my one of my favourites like stuart says an absolute stunner especially at the low elevation.

Hi Simon many thanks. Hope your doing good. I remember that night well. I remember you telling me you saw the seeing. Just before the clouds came. We dont have it easy in the UK that's for sure. I'm surrounded by houses and roofs here which can also create its own problems

On 27/08/2024 at 03:37, orion25 said:

Wonderful images, Neil. Good to see you back! They're all beautiful and that last set of Uranus images is especially moving 🤩

Reggie

Many thanks Reggie. Good to see you around. I cant remember why I didnt carry on with Uranus. I do remember when the images came out. Feeling surprised how tight I seemed to Have caught it. Clearly seeing must have been quite good. Got lucky with focusing. And guessing what what exposures and gain ect. I do remember thinking this was more like capturing a bright deepsky object. Rather than a planet 

• Like 1