Pickerings Triangle

I actually imaged all of the three main components of the Veil complex, but as the eastern and western loops get most of the glory I thought I would give Pickerings Triangle a chance to shine.  It's actually my favourite part with its seemingly endless strands intertwining ever southwards.

Taken with a Skywatcher MN190 Mak-Newt F/5.3,  ZWO 6200 OSC,  and IDAS NB1 filter for 30 x 60 sec through the usual fog that is UK weather, even on a clear night !

Thanks for looking.

2024-07-27 Pickerings nb1 60s v.jpg

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, Bluesboystig said:

Great image! I just posted an image of the Western veil myself, but soooo far away from your quality! 

Thank you. I will take a look at your image. So often the end quality is at the mercy of the atmosphere,  with which I am fighting a constant battle !

1 hour ago, Roy Foreman said:

I actually imaged all of the three main components of the Veil complex, but as the eastern and western loops get most of the glory I thought I would give Pickerings Triangle a chance to shine.  It's actually my favourite part with its seemingly endless strands intertwining ever southwards.

Taken with a Skywatcher MN190 Mak-Newt F/5.3,  ZWO 6200 OSC,  and IDAS NB1 filter for 30 x 60 sec through the usual fog that is UK weather, even on a clear night !

Thanks for looking.

2024-07-27 Pickerings nb1 60s v.jpg

Wow such detail at such zoom. Great image.

11 minutes ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

Wow such detail at such zoom. Great image.

Thank you. Had to stretch it a lot due to limited exposure time, but I'm happy with the end result even though there is some noise.

• Like 1