Looking for some FITS files fresh from your camera

Ags

I am amusing myself by writing a browser based FITS image viewer. At the moment it loads whatever comes out of my ASI485MC, but I would like to try it on other FITS files from other cameras. I would appreciate it if anyone can provide a frame or two from other cameras. I am particularly keen on getting a frame from a 533MC as that is a camera I am planning on getting, or a frame from an OSC with a Bayer matrix other than RGGB. 

image.thumb.png.2855748ad68ff642e43901277cf0b845.png

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ags said:

I am amusing myself by writing a browser based FITS image viewer. At the moment it loads whatever comes out of my ASI485MC, but I would like to try it on other FITS files from other cameras. I would appreciate it if anyone can provide a frame or two from other cameras. I am particularly keen on getting a frame from a 533MC as that is a camera I am planning on getting, or a frame from an OSC with a Bayer matrix other than RGGB. 

image.thumb.png.2855748ad68ff642e43901277cf0b845.png

I have a 533 colour cam and clouds

Will upload a couple here soon as I can

• Like 1

@symmetal It's a lovely sub but the browser times out when handling it... I can think of a few workarounds but will have to do a bit of coding.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, CCD-Freak said:

Here is a stacked fit file of M45 taken with an ASI533MC through a SS15028HNT captured and processed with AstroArt

It is an interesting challenge. AstroArt is saving the data as 32-bit floating point (I think) and the color info is structured differently from a raw FITS from a camera that includes the bayer matrix. That's a lot of stuff I don't currently handle, so I'll come back to this one. I see astroart is setting the SIMPLE header to NaN - oopsy!

Edited by Ags

On 29/07/2024 at 00:10, Ags said:

I am amusing myself by writing a browser based FITS image viewer. At the moment it loads whatever comes out of my ASI485MC, but I would like to try it on other FITS files from other cameras. I would appreciate it if anyone can provide a frame or two from other cameras.

I can provide something over 38 thousand such. Unfortunately I am frantically busy preparing to return to La Palma tomorrow. Perhaps I'll send you a few when I get there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Xilman said:

I can provide something over 38 thousand such. Unfortunately I am frantically busy preparing to return to La Palma tomorrow. Perhaps I'll send you a few when I get there.

Thank you, there is no hurry, this is just a little side project that I am not rushing to finish.

2 hours ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

opps forgot, sorry. here's a light dark and bias from svbony533mc hope it helps.

The bayered Svbony 533 data loads with no issues in under 5 seconds.

• Like 1

A luminance frame from ASI 2600MM Pro and one from ASI 2600MC Pro with L-eXtreme:

2600MM: NGC 6946 (Fireworks) with NGC 6939, 15s, Gain 101, Bin1:

L__LIGHT__15.00s__-10.00C__2024-07-28_02-02-29__0440.fits

2600MC: The Cygnus, 180s, Gain 101, Bin1:

Light_Sigma40mm_M29_180.0s_Bin1_20240728-014944_0045.fit

Edited by Vroobel
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Some real progress, although it was painful getting there!. I handle different Bayer patterns like RGGB or GRBG dynamically. I can load ASI6200MM images (by sampling the image and not drawing every source pixel). I also handle both mono and RGB images. The HTML canvas I use is RGB regardless. Here is the 6200 monster frame loaded in the viewer.

image.thumb.png.92092efccf4143022d26f477be55205a.png

Edited by Ags
  • Like 3

Looking good Ags. Are you using the cfitsio library to load the images and extract header info or are you doing it from scratch? You could display image info from the header in the area on the right. 😉

Alan

Posted (edited)

I started with fits.js but I have been modifying it heavily. I am going to add a header display option.

as far as I know cfitsio doesn't have a Javascript option.

Edited by Ags
  • Like 1

Well, I found a few issues so I reimplemented everything from scratch. I took out a lot of dead code from the fits.js library so it is mostly my code now.