A couple of minutes of very stable conditions this morning with the C9.25

A rare combination of clear skies and opportunity this morning. 🙂 

An excellent amount of white light targets visible as well.  I started with the C9.25, but the seeing wasn't great so i switched the small 120mm for a full disc and a couple of close ups (still in the processing file)

I tried one last go with the C9.25, nothing special again, but then suddenly it completely went still. I could see the granulation on the live view in real time, which is very rare in my experience with my C9.25.

I managed a couple of imaging runs, before it quickly deteriorated again.  Been a while since i produced a white image as pleasing as this one! 

C9.25, Asi174mm, X3 Barlow, 60 secs.

2024_07_2808.30X3BARLOWC9_25.thumb.png.378257d4292d067cc7b31d009756233c.png

2024_07_2808.30X3BARLOWC9.25COLOUR.thumb.png.055b36d2f97b9f6f3575fd86bcd4fb7a.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for all the comments. I just cold not believe how stable the condition suddenly got. I was just having a brew wife my wife, i said "look how stable and how much detail is visible there!"

Then as quickly as it arrived, the seeing had gone. Since i have been using the c9.25 for white light imaging i can count one hand the really good conditions with it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Outstanding definition - brilliant image. You must be very pleased with this.

Yes delighted, watch the data being recorded live and could not wait to process it. 

13 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

Wow that is a real beauty of a shot Pete, well done! Definitely one for the wall. The granulation is so well defined and lovely detail even in the Umbra

It really is a beauty, especially when viewed at full size. Like you say even the Umbra has some nice detail.  It can be easy to lose that fine detail, when try to increase the contrast.