Squid nebula clearly visible with 4 hours bortle 6 and AI enhancment

If price is a factor then certainly attain what is useful within budget. From my experience using the lenhance and lextreme, they make a night and day difference between emission jumping out of the background sky compared to imaging without, the effect is very similar to imaging in mono SHO in what you see per sub. Definitely worth the investment and it needn't be at full RRP, mine certainly were not as they were acquired used and are commonly available for purchase as such.

The SVbony sv220 apparently provides a similar performance to the lextreme and is even cheaper new.

Of course higher up the price range you have the likes of the lultimate and Antlias ALPT which some people believe is worth the cost as it has a minimal halo output. I don't particularly care about halos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alacant said:

Yeah. It would be interesting to see what advantage €alot  filters had over the UHC. I've a feeling, not as much as we imagine.

(Anyway, enough.  I must not hijack @TiffsAndAstro's squid thread any longer!)

really, really don't worry about it. its still more than on topic and i really appreciate reading all your discussions. the svbony i might go for if the 2" version isn't too much. tempted to have a go with a random no brand uhc for £12 though. 

off topic...im currently getting 1.00" guiding on bodes and cigar through cloud with 3 second ag exposure times. dunno how that works. it seems snr is (almost) everything for my auto guiding/setup. 

Managed a further 2-1/2-ish hours. Unfortunately not with the Quattro. All I seem to have done is added noise and destroyed the stars.

But hey, thanks for the inspiration. Without threads like this, I would never know about squid. I learned a lot.

2-129-2.thumb.jpg.228e1f3626b6ff2782fddff865a93ba2.jpg

Edited by alacant
  • Like 1