Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I'm new!

Marvin

Hello everyone!

My Daughter, Sam Price, got me involved in all this and I love every minute of it!

I followed you're adventures in Herefordshire and was impressed at you're "collectiveness"

I don't know how else to say it apart from you're apparent joy of being together...

OK.

It's good to find like minded people in this world.

Take care and Clear skies!

Ron.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ron,

The whole sky is stunning, anywhere you point a scope or binos there is always something in view and there is next to no light pollution which is good. I have been here just over 12 months now having emigrated from the UK last year and I had to leave my old 6.25" reflector behind but picked up a Celestron 114GT new in box just before leaving which, now it is out of storage, is getting a bit of use. Its not bad but nowhere near the clarity or quality of my old 6 inch scope that I had for some 35-40 years... but now I am looking for some new kit ... whooo hooo spending money time ... neat, But I am not sure just what I want, every time I decide on something another bit of kit comes to my attention and its more research and decision making.

Cheers

SC

Wow!

What an amazing welcome!

Thank you all guys, my warm regards to you all also!

And as for you Daughter "dearest" - (always rushing me!) - and ron.s.g, a collective of Rons would be a Nuisance of Rons.

Clear skies to you all! (Except Southern_Cross who ALWAYS has clear skies! *grinds teeth*)

Ron.

Hi Ron,

The skies aren't always clear in NZ last few nights it's been thin cloud and windy and Tuesday night was a hale storm and windy, its just when they are clear they are very, very clear... but the weather can be just as horrid as the UK weather.

Wouldn't the collective noun for a collection of Astronomical Ron's be a Scope of Ron's?

Cheers

SC

Not another Kiwi with beauiful clear skies!

I cannot bear it

All Iv'e got here is cloud and lots of it!

So, as a Kiwi you can see stars close to us.

You can see the Alpha Centurae group.

Mutter, mutter...

I can never see them unless I become a Kiwi!

Take care.

Ron.

Not another Kiwi with beauiful clear skies!

I cannot bear it

All Iv'e got here is cloud and lots of it!

So, as a Kiwi you can see stars close to us.

You can see the Alpha Centurae group.

Mutter, mutter...

I can never see them unless I become a Kiwi!

Take care.

Ron.

LOL Ron, this Kiwi is in Southern England for a while!:)

Archived