Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC6946 and NGC6939

I was panning around the sky with Starry Night Pro+ and noticed these two NGC objects which would fit in the field of view of my setup quite nicely. The Moon was low and the skies were looking good last night but it was a tad windy. The tarp around my 'Astro Yurt' managed to keep the gust off my kit, so I slewed to the target and got 1.5 hours in.

Exposure 18 x 5mins

beyondvision-albums-deep-sky-picture1764

Regards

Kevin

An attractive pairing, Kevin and a lovely wide field of view. I am fascinated by the 'double star' at about 2 o'clock from the galaxy - one star seems to meld into the other .....

Thats probably an unwanted effect after star reduction :)

It's the first time I have come across a cluster and galaxy that will fit in my FOV

Regards

Kevin

Kevin,

I was looking for a target for tonight's session about an hour ago, guess what I spotted in starry night?

Hopefully mine will turn out as nice as yours! I will be using the 350d and F6 200mm Newt to try and get in nice and close.

That's a very nice image Kev,

I also like these widefield shots

Not sure if Peter is referring to a comment made elsewhere with regards to one of my images and the type of responses it got but as far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter if a reply is long or short, it's just nice that people take the time to comment.

I'm sure no offence was intended by that particular comment.

My apologies Peter if I'm barking up the wrong tree

Dont worry Roy / kev... The sarcy comment (as indicated by the smiley) is in response to some comments made inthe POW question thread - I think theres nothing wrong with just offering comments - its all about appreciating the time and effort people put into the capturing and processing of the data - to me this is an artistic endevour rather than a technical/scientific one... i'll just appreciate the images for their sheer beauty...

and give a virtual pat on the back :)

Peter

Nice one Kev.... Oh sorry were not supposed to make worthless statements like that are we :)

Peter...

That's a very pretty picture (attractive pairing) Kev.

Doh..there I've said it :) must slap my wrist now.

And now for the intelligent input....:D

I think you've got the scale just right, any smaller framing would detract from the impact of the view.

Keith

great image kevin, the stars are so sharp.

That galaxy looks like one of those IR ones, like those that lie near the plane of the milky way.

fascinating objects, they really are.

paul

was that really so hard?

and guys, taking the p**s behind my back? not really fair, I only expressed an opinion. Sorry Kevin

Archived