Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Veil Nebula (Western) NGC6992

Tim

After a bit of photoshop jiggery pokery on the eggy stars, the pic didn't come out too badly. I cant wait till this target is higher and in a darker sky, as it is one of my favourite areas of the sky. A full size mosaic of the whole area is my goal for this year. Pickering's Triangle next though.

12 x 600secs QHY8 + CLS

Skywatcher Mak-Newt 190

Guiding with PHD + DSI Pro + TS OAG

Captured in Nebulosity2, processed with PS and Noels Tools. Stacked in DSS.

For some reason my FTP is playing up, so just a thumbnail for now.

Thanks for looking.

TJ

post-14037-133877371922_thumb.jpg

Looks superb TJ. I like the Green wispy stuff on the northern edge of the remnant. Is that Oxygen traces perhaps. I have no Idea.

As Peter remarked, is it Mak. Newt. that it was intimated may have pinched optics, and if yes, were they?

Ron.:)

The full size image does display by the way.

hehe, Ron, the full size is 3 times the size :)

Martin, it's an optical error, I have adjusted a few things tonight and am grabbing a few shots now, but the wind is gusting 30mph and all the subs so far are wrecked.

I've done some 5 and 15 sec shots to see if the problem has gone or is reduced. The really odd thing, the stars in the bottom right of the frame looked to have a rotation effect on them, while the other parts of the image showed a uniform egg shape.

That's come out nicely Tim.

Glad you got your eggs sorted :)

6992 is top of my target list for the cygnus region this year after catching the bow shock with the 80mm last year. A TMB mosaic this time :D

Cheers

Rob

Tremendous. Really rich colour and a feeling of depth. Should be an astounding mosaic.

Pickering's triangle - ah yes. I first heard of this as 'Pickering's Triangular Wisp.' Now that's what you CALL a name! Go for it.

Olly

Archived