ASIair alternatives?

I've just made my life more complicated by deciding for an Altair camera for my first serious AP setup 😅. AFAIK Asiair is unfortunately out. What are the best alternatives that basically cover the entire functionality of the ASIair plus?

Raspberry pi loaded with astroberry (ab is free) but doesn't control well if using a mobile phone screen, Stellarmate has a dedicated mobile app but is paid for software.

I think touptec are releasing their own soon too (astrostation).

A mini PC with PC astro software is also an option such as NINA.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, saac said:

You could also try the Toup Tek Astro Station but it is not available in UK yet so you may need to wait or try importing. It is a direct competitor to the AsiAir with the added bonus that it operates on a wide range of cameras. 

https://www.opticscentral.com.au/touptek-astro-station.html?ff=2&fp=5572

Jim 

Many thanks! I hope this will be rebranded by Altair too! :) This one seems to be the most pro option.

In the meantime I think I'll just use my trusty laptop and familiarize with Nina...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GTom said:

Many thanks! I hope this will be rebranded by Altair too! :) This one seems to be the most pro option.

In the meantime I think I'll just use my trusty laptop and familiarize with Nina...

Altair Cameras should certainly work with it. Who knows, in the long run it may prompt ZWO to open the AsiAir to non ZWO equipment. 

Jim 

• Like 1

I'd certainly recommend NINA - free, non-proprietary, rich in functions, under continual development, good support community etc.  I have it on a mini PC on my tripod tray (Mele Quieter 4C) and access from my macbook in the house using MS Remote Desktop.