Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New girl who cant use a telescope apparently

Astral

Astral

The 12mm + 3x barlow will give 250x. You have to remember the maximum magnification of 250x for your telescope would only be useful under absolutely perfect conditions, very, very rarely do people push their scopes magnification to its extreme limit as we never get perfect conditions. I would suggest perhaps selling/trading the 3x barlow for a 2x barlow or just not using the 3x barlow and see how it goes. The 4mm, 12mm and 20mm eyepieces on their own give a good cross section of useful magnifications. Keep your chin up and we will soon be hearing about your observation reports :).

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Astral.

I am a newbie too and I always start with a 25mm eyepiece, (large field of view), and work my way up in magnification, or down in size, (Same thing...) . 25mm to 10mm to whatever... (I still get it wrong sometimes but please keep with it girl!)

I've been studying Saturn, mainly because I have a SkyWatcher 127 goto Cassy and I ain't had a clear enough night to align her properly yet!

As the good people of this forum have advised, always begin with the lowest power eyepiece and you will be eventually rewarded!

Clear skies!

Ron.

Hi Astral im a newcomer here and i know what a pain it can be setting up for the first time.

The question i am going to ask may sound daft so please dont take it the wrong way but have you took the lens cap off??

i say this because on some celestron scopes it is in two parts a small cap in the centre that removes and then a full size cap that can be pulled off to reveal the full opening in the front of the ota. good luck with the stargazing

Welcome to SGL Astral, Tonight should be a great night for viewing so give it another go tonight, dont give up though!! Keep at it and soon you will be finding all sorts of things in the sky :cool:

Dave.

Archived