Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 6888

Roy

I decided to give this another go but this time I used the WO 66SD

I would have liked more subs but the battle with PHD continues so it was not to be, that and cloud.

Scope WO66SD

Guided with Megrez 90 - QHY5 - PHD

Camera Atik 314L

9 x 10 mins Ha

post-13336-133877371723_thumb.jpg

Steve,

PHD keeps crashing repeatedly so I'm loosing a lot of time and subs as a result.

I've tried the latest version but that seemed the worst of the lot.

I've just installed an older version, v1.63 I think, I think I read somewhere that this version was supposed to be a bit more stable.

I've also re-installed the QHY drivers, so I'll see what happens next time out.

I'm pointing the finger at PHD but it may just be my lappy playing up, who knows :)

Fantastic capture Roy great amount of detail picked up. PHD seems very stable on my machine the only time it hangs is if the USB connection is disturbed to my DSI camera. The program then locks up requiring it to be shutdown with the task manager. Are you sure the connection to your QHY5 is sound and are you running the connection via a powered hub?

Regards

Kevin

Thanks a lot lads, as always your support is very much appreciated.

Kevin as far as I'm aware the usb on the QHY5 has a good connection, it seems to snap in with a decent click if you know what I mean.

As far as a powered hub goes, I wasn't using one but I have hooked both cameras up to one now but haven't had a chance to get out and see if that helps, hopefully the next clear night when I'm not on shift I'll be able to give it a go.

I've no doubt I'll get it sorted one way or another.

Great image Roy, loads of fine detail.

I've had problems with PHD in the past, both with un-powered and powered USB hubs. I got a cheap PCMCIA usb card and haven't had any crashes since, (about five months now), although PHD can still be a bit of a resource hog.

This is the card I got, and I run it without the optional additional power input. I run a DSLR - serial shutter / usb data, EQMOD and joypad from it, and the QHY5 from one of the two lappy usb ports.

One thing I found that helped was to start PHD and plug in the QHY5 before any other imaging software / hardware.

Hope this helps,

Ian

Archived