Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

outwestwa

Hello from Tom price

Hello to all members of SGL from Tom Price in the Pilbara region of Western Australia an area of blue sky’s, high temperatures in summer (40+ deg C) and cold winter night temperatures some times down to 0 deg, this is a beautiful region with white gums that form a stark contrast against the red earth with deep gorges and cold water pools in them and the best part is truly dark sky’s at night.

:D Hi and welcome to SGL, Tom.

Your sky sounds stunning. We don't get up to 40°C too often here in Wisconsin, but our wintertemps get down to -40°C. That's a good time to stay indoors and read a book while feeding Puff, my 260°C woodstove. :) Glad to have you with us. :)

Jealous mate ! ..and you better tell us a name or you'll be called Tom by default

...however I'll call ya Bruce, to save confusion :)

Jealous mate ! ..and you better tell us a name or you'll be called Tom by default

...however I'll call ya Bruce, to save confusion :)

Sorry about the confusion Tom Price is the town I live in, Laurie is my name.

Hi Laurie and welcome,

sounds like a nice place to be with dark skies we can only dream about in uk.

regards ron.s.g

blimey Talitha now thats a cold winter

Hi Laurie,

A warm welcome to SGL, dark skies! you lucky man, hope you enjoy the forum.

John.

G'day Laurie, and welcome to SGL.

I have several relatives living in WA (Perth, Northam, Mandurah and Bridgetown).

My daughter and family, live in Baldivis, and we visit there pretty much every year.

I have made some good friends with members of the Astronomical Soc of WA, and go along to their meetings (and their Star Party), when I'm over.

BTW, we have several Aussie members here on SGL.

Enjoy!! :)

Dave

Welcome to SGL Laurie - your sky sounds amazing, with the cloud cover here in the UK of late I'm sure a few us may be feeling a little envious! Be sure to ask away with any questions you have, there is always someone on hand with buckets of information.

Amanda

:) Hi from me as well - seriously jealous about your location though.

Hi Tom. Welcome to SGL - Like many have mentioned, I'd love to experience coal black skies and a few hours wandering around the southern skies... Magellanic clouds, etc..

Dead jealous but great to have you on board !

Thanks to every one for the warm welcome if this is any indication of what SGL community is like I am delighted to be part of it.

Kind regards Laurie

G'day Cobber,

A bit of an old greeting that, so I'd better say, Hello Tom, welcome to SGL. We have a number from Australia now, and we appreciate the posts from Down Under, especially the ones showing elements of the Southern skies.

Hope you enjoy you stay.

Ron.:):D

Sounds like your in a nice part of the world Tom..welcome to SGL..