Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Funky little Flextube

Kai

If that's not small and cute enough there's Celestrons new FirstScope 76mm Dob. At £47.50 plus an extra £15.00 for the eyepieces and finder pretty cheap.

Optical Design : Dobsonian Reflector

Aperture : 76 mm (2.99 in)

Focal Length : 300 mm (11.81 in)

Focal Ratio : 3.95

Eyepiece 1 : 20 mm (0.79 in)

Magnification 1 : 15 x

Eyepiece 2 : 4 mm (0.16 in)

Magnification 2 : 75 x

Weight : 69 oz (1956.12 g)

John

I confess I have always been a bit miffed that Synta didn't offer the little (114mm) Orion Starblast under the Skywatcher label. Now they have gone one better with the 130mm Heritage Flextube, and for around the same price too!

Have just posted details HERE

I am so tempted to buy one of these and just lend it to friends/relatives who express an interest... and maybe one as a grab and go...:)

I get as much fun hearing others get enthusiastic as | do seeing things myself!

Helen

It's good that there is a scope around now that we can reccommend to those on a limited budget or who don't want to make a big investment until they have "dipped their toes in the water".

John

I am so tempted to buy one of these and just lend it to friends/relatives who express an interest... and maybe one as a grab and go...:)

Thats a hell of a good idea....mmmm.....

(Do you think the dob base would take my C11? :D )

Archived