Narrowband

Bubble in Hercules, Abell39/PK47.

johnh

SPX350 F4.53, EQ6mod, ATK-16HR.

This one is never seems to be imaged - 8 degrees West of zeta Hercules at mag 12.9 radiates entirely in O3 at 3' wide. I used a Astronomik UHC filter with UV/IR block to get very good contrast which UV/IR by itself did not give as it was too faint and noisey.

I did not get any green so I used O3 for green binned2x2. This planetary shows little red and almost no H alpha. I could not find many amature images of this one on the Net as no one bothers with it - Shame!

LRGB=200/30/40/30mins, 5min subs with O3 as green RGB Binned2x2.

Thanks, JohnH.

I tried finding this with my 16" LB. I tried for ages and just couldn't see it. I noted I needed a O111 filter.

At least I now know what it looks like.

Awesome shot John.

I wonder if those stars inside the bubble are a part of the bubble similar to the centre star in M57. Or is the bubble transparant and these are background stars.

I would imagine it's the latter.

Amazing.. never heard of or seen it. What's so great about this hobby is there's always a surprise or something new around the corner. That deffo looks like the cetral star... its too perfectly placed not to be.

Matt

Thanks guys for kind comments, this bubble did come out very well owing to UHC filter and O3. The Central star is mag 15.7 and shows a glorious blue colour which I was pleased with as I had no green filter so I used the O3 instead to give more bubble structure.

There is an oval large star right of blue central star in the bubble which is actually a background galaxy.

Thanks, JohnH.

Ok, that is my next shot and at mag 12.5 it will come up easely I think. But for the color I will need to go to my dark location.

Great image congratulations :icon_rolleyes:. I love these not so imaged objects and this one is beautiful.

Regards,

paulo

Well you pulled that one out of the hat John.

What a weird and wonderful object. Looks like something the Starship Enterprise has encountered. Shields Up Mr Spock:D

It looks almost like a mirror under a knifedge test, with a bright diffraction ring around it.

Great picture.

Ron.:):D

Archived