SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

anthony

Hi All,

I have popped in from time to time after follwoing a link elsewhere. However, thought I should really say a proper hello!

I got my first telescope about 2001 and so can't really call myself a beginner anymore - even if my level of knowledge would indicate that I started out yesterday.

I suffer the dreaded light pollution to the degree that faint fuzzies are invisible in my 8" SCT, and any of the brighter ones relly lack contrast. To this end I am trying to do CCD imaging with a starlight express Mx7c.

However, on the odd occasion I get to a dark site, visual astronomy is inspiring. I took a trip to "Astroadventures" down in Devon and had a look through a 50cm Dob under dark skies. Amongst other objects I saw the horsehead nebulae, (needed a filter), dust lanes in galaxies, clusters like photos and a huge (greenish) orion nebulae. Cant describe it, you have to witness it.

Astronomy is a great activity and it's great to find sites like this to share that enthusiam and collective experience.

All the best

Anthony

Welcome onboard Anthony, good scope you have there. As for the dreaded light pollution (LP), some of the other members can advise you on filters that they use to reduce the problem.

naz

Archived