Narrowband

A flash in the pan..........

That is a hell of a snapshot CW. 10 Secs. is a long time hand held, so you did extremely well mate.

Not only a good result, but a very clever title for the shot too.:icon_rolleyes:

Is it an Iridium Flare.?

Ron.;)

You'll have to add the new mount to your sig :icon_rolleyes:

Nice, and very well framed - must have been really hard?

What caused the Flare to fade and come back, any ideas?

Ant

Ah!, should have guessed that really. But, you have done extraordinary things in the past, so It was reasonable for me to believe hand held.

Was it Iridium then?

:)

I don't know what it was,Ron......... didn't even know it was there till the image was down loaded. I have checked Starry night for the time of exposure (22.27 3/5/09) and the best bet appears to be satellite ENVISAT.

Good idea Ant! :icon_rolleyes: I'll add 'Plastic chair' to the list.

Oh yes ,the framing was very difficult,moving that heavy chair and placing the camera on it........ Phew! I was quite tuckered out! ;)

By pure chance I retained the layers of this image and highlighted the 'flash' does seem to fade in the middle but I have no idea why............. image attached.

Oh yes ,the framing was very difficult,moving that heavy chair and placing the camera on it........ Phew! I was quite tuckered out! ;)

You micky taking so and so... :)

Not being able to see through the view finder and getting the plough positioned like that must have been hard - NOT the placing of the camera on said chair :icon_rolleyes:.

If it wasn't a Iridian, then maybe it was a tumbler? (not a glass for consuming wisky!) You know what I mean :)

Ant

You micky taking so and so... :)

Not being able to see through the view finder and getting the plough positioned like that must have been hard - NOT the placing of the camera on said chair :icon_rolleyes:.

If it wasn't a Iridian, then maybe it was a tumbler? (not a glass for consuming wisky!) You know what I mean :)

Ant

Hehe! ;)

Sorry Ant, couldn't resist the temptation!

Actually,using a fairly wide angle lens at infinity I just had to point the chair in the general direction of the subject and.... Robert is your mother's brother!

The one of Bootes was a bit more difficult ..... had to prop the 450D at an angle against the back of the 'mount'. :D

P.S. Sig amended!

Archived