Star field 102 Reducer recommendation

As a further update I've just (hopefully) gotten both a 0.8x and 1x flattener.  I had a look on skysafari and the 102 is in a good focal length for a lot of galaxies when paired with the 533 sensor.  It works well for a lot of clusters and globulars too.

I think I was trying to do the wrong thing with it by making it super wide, it just isn't what the scope is good for.  I'll stick my with poverty vintage lenses for the time being whilst I continue stressing over whether or not to get a 60/70mm scope.

Think I'll need to renew my sharpcap licence to do some live stacking.

• Like 1

Perfect.  I thought I'd have a rake for my bits and pieces for imaging.  I have. 60mm guidescope but haven't used it in ages as I've mostly been imaging at 135-300mm.

Also thought I'd need to make a hot shoe mount for the nuc.  Turns out I already did but completely forgot about it.

PXL_20240922_153002059.thumb.jpg.326bd3e2d6eeef7402870f30dfb71d7b.jpg

Looks reasonably professional.

• Like 1

Just a reminder that imaging speed is not determined by F ratio unless the effective pixel size is a constant. There is no need for it to be so, since we can bin and/or resample...

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice
typo