Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep2_banner.thumb.jpg.e37c929f88100393e885b7befec4c749.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
FLO

Eyepiece case?

Can anyone recommend a good case/bag/box/whatever for storing eyepieces?

Steve,

How about one of those aluminium ones like i've got???? B&Q about £9.00

Hhmmm....

Mine is an aly case (the one that came with the Meade eyepiece set deal) but it is not deep enough - yours must be bigger.

Steve,

You can get them in different sizes, weenie ones for filters (Or CD's in WH Smith) then there's drill cases from B&Q a bit bigger, then there's the really big un's from Wicks for Kanga drills :shock:

I got the foam from that foam shop at the bottom of Fore Street, he even cut it to size for me.

Yes Steve MINE! :lol:

Yes Steve MINE! :)

:lol::)

(I had to think!)

Maplins sell a good range of Aluminium Flight Cases from about £30

http://www.maplin.co.uk/search.aspx?MenuNo=1164&MenuName=Flight Case&worldid=9&FromMenu=y&doy=18m4

Thanks Gordon :lol:

So, it seems aly cases are the norm?

To be honest I use a little seagrass type tray that fits perfectly into one of my draws in my desk where i have my computer. When i set my scope up i take the tray outside with me and set it on a little table. Works ok for me and vanishes into my draw when im not using it. I looked at buying a aluminium case from maplins but they take up a lot of space when stored. This isn't a problem for most people but my scope stuff has to be out of sight from SWMBO.

To be honest I use a little seagrass type tray that fits perfectly into one of my draws in my desk where i have my computer. When i set my scope up i take the tray outside with me and set it on a little table. Works ok for me and vanishes into my draw when im not using it.

Thats a good idea - it allows them to breathe (when damp from a cold night).

Mine needs to be more portable.

Jessops do a range of aluminium camera accessory cases the cases are aluminium, not the cameras - smarty (foam cubes inside - so cut out EP shapes and slot in). The range runs from £20-£40 and the smallest one holds about 10 EPs. The next size up is what I use - it costs about £30 and holds my binoviewer, 2 pairs of EPs, then my range of 8 other EPs + 3 filters. (Yes I know - I am an EP collector - they are just so nice and shiny to handle, and each one gives me a slightly different view - I love them all !!!).

The cases are robust, have a carry handle and shoulder strap.

Tom

... holds about 10 EPs. The next size up is what I use - it costs about £30 and holds my binoviewer, 2 pairs of EPs, then my range of 8 other EPs + 3 filters.

Ten eyepieces :shock:

Twelve, if we count the two 'pairs' for the binoviewer!

(Thanks for the eyepiece case info; I don't think I have ever shopped at Jessops...)

Wot's an eyepiece?

Arthur :lol:

Imagers :roll:

Steve

I bought a aluminium case from Jessops for £13.

It is large enough for 10 eyepieces.

Cheers

Ian

Steve,

I have a spare aluminium case you are welcome to. Can even send the Lanthanum in it. It does require some new foam but by what Greg says it sounds like you have just the place. In fact I'll do you a deal. I'll send the case for nothing if you send me some replacement foam for the other case in return.

The case is identical to the one in Martyn's first link. It's deep enough to store any 2" accessory, including the absolutely massive Powermate 4x.

Regards

Russ

Thanks russ :lol:

Just in the nick of time as I was falling under the spell of those wooden cases!

I'll need the dimensions so that I can order the foam for you - unless its the same size as the one you are sending me.

Hi Steve,

It will be identical to the one I'm sending, bought them as a pair. Will pop the Lanthanum inside.

Regards

Russ