Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

No there isn't Kev.

I emailed them some time ago and asked them that.

They do have statics, but they are all privately owned.

what about BBs near there ,that would be fine.............kev

Nope - its just a good indication of numbers.

That said, we will be starting to firm up details very soon, so if people are interested, now's the time to let us know :)

Cheers

I'll go & register then & keep my fingers crossed!

Kev I live about 10 minutes from Lucksall and there is some accommodation fairly nearby. There is a Travelodge called Hereford Grafton about 10 minutes away. If you fancy some luxury you could stay at Holme Lacy House a Warner grand hotel. The hotel is 5 minutes from Lucksall. In the village of Fownhope, again 5 minutes away, you have the Green Man Pub. If you are interested I could post links for each of these venues.

Mark

Kev I live about 10 minutes from Lucksall and there is some accommodation fairly nearby. There is a Travelodge called Hereford Grafton about 10 minutes away. If you fancy some luxury you could stay at Holme Lacy House a Warner grand hotel. The hotel is 5 minutes from Lucksall. In the village of Fownhope, again 5 minutes away, you have the Green Man Pub. If you are interested I could post links for each of these venues.

Mark

It's just driving off a dark field without headlights at the end of the night that's the tricky bit :) Unless you're around 'til sun up.

It's just driving off a dark field without headlights at the end of the night that's the tricky bit :eek: Unless you're around 'til sun up.

And after a crate of beer! :)

If you were visiting and likely to leave before sun-up then we would ask you were parked far enough way so as not cause a problem.

Or someone would guide you off with a red-light.

All things can be overcome :)

Thanks Mark if you could send me the details great,Daz i was there last year visiting and left before sun up i changed into a bat just joking:D we drove out with the head lights off.............Kev

I've registered my interest in the SGL shop.

Russ

I've registered my interest in the SGL shop.

Russ

It would be great to meet if you can make it Russ :)

I only managed 1 night last year but it was a fantastic one - I'm aiming for two this year.

Likewise John, would be great to meet up. Whether i would bring any clear skies is another matter.

I'll try and make 2 nights if i can. Are kids allowed for this one?

Russ

If you were visiting and likely to leave before sun-up then we would ask you were parked far enough way so as not cause a problem.

Or someone would guide you off with a red-light.

All things can be overcome :)

And remember to park so you don't need to reverse.:eek:

Haitch

You can park by reception and walk the 100 metres to the area where SGL5 will be held. The area around reception has lights which don't cause a problem. Most observers face the east/west horizon - no lights, no LP.

Last year I attended every day at SGL4 but living just 10 minutes away I left around midnight and walked back to the car and turned on the lights when I reached the road - no problems.

Mark

Likewise John, would be great to meet up. Whether i would bring any clear skies is another matter.

I'll try and make 2 nights if i can. Are kids allowed for this one?

Russ

It will be good to see you again Russ :) and yes, kids are allowed.

Helen

Now ive got somewhere to stay do i need to register and i will most likley eyend every night..........Kev

Can't wait for this event! Everytime there's a new post in this thread I get excited thinking it's going to be the official launch!

Its like wating for XMas but even better,If i dont get better for this event im off to swedan or where ever it is to be put to sleep and i mean it................Kev

It will be good to see you again Russ :eek: and yes, kids are allowed.

Helen

Hi Helen,

I should be around longer this time :D My visit to Salisbury was rather brief :)

Hopefully i'll bring my eldest with me too.

Russ

I have provided Kev 102 42 with accommodation venues near to Lucksall. If anyone else wants further details on this local accommodation send me a message via SGL. Clearly you may wish to liaise with Daz over numbers going to SGL5 but I can provide local info if you need it.

Mark

If you need dates, btw...Friday PM to Sunday...can't do Thursday..

I will be up for this, I predict a warm spring and hot summer, cloud free with very clear nights.:)

Yes, I'm thinking of emmigrating too. :eek:

You can count me in never been to a star party before where do I book.

Blinkin' heck.....I live about 10 minutes from Lucksall but will be in Mexico for a fortnight from the 2nd April ...... As a newbie I would love to join you for a night when I return to meet some of the good people on this wonderful forum. Would this be ok?

I should have purchased my first scope well before then.

How do the get togethers work, format, cost and does everyone bring their scope / bins along?

Does everyone bring their scopes etc?