SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn

spudicus

Hi All,

Now that I have a serious addiction to stargazing I'm keen to explore more of the skies. The main reason I bought my scope was a desire to see the rings of Saturn with my own eyes.

Now I am getting more clued up on Mars every day, and am really looking forward to the opposition in November. I'm wondering though, when will be the next time Saturn is visible?

Any help will be appreciated! Cheers

Spud

Saturn is currently in the 'Gemini' area of the sky & has been out of view during most of the summer. By the end of August/early September it should have pulled away enough from the sun to become visible again. Look for it before dawn in the east, north east part of the sky as a brightish yellow white star, but shining with a more steady light than the others around it. Then turn the scope on it - and :shock: :)

Andy's right, although the twins rise much earlier - these were clearly visible to me at 4:15 this morning - saturn wasn't very high at all. Give it a month and it will become a lot easier. Saturn rises aby 2:15 on the 15th Spetember.

Ant

Archived