Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

stargazer1980

Whos taking what to Salisbury SP in August!

And I have two Westie brothers called Butch and Sundance and a Shih-Tsu called Cassidy. I'm a big Kid myself :icon_rolleyes:

At least my Vixen ED102SS and my Tele Vue eyepieces, possibly my Lightbridge 12" dob as well if the weather forecast looks good.

John

Is anyone willing to try their beloved Ethos's in my scope so I can see for myself what I'm missing :icon_rolleyes:

Oh mick, the views..................... You'll be dazzled, I know that supernova and Astronut have one of these, maybe a few others too. Can't speak for them but I'm sure they won't mind. It is an awesome ep and you will defo buy one I'm sure of it LOL

:icon_rolleyes:

Is anyone willing to try their beloved Ethos's in my scope so I can see for myself what I'm missing ;)

I'll have an Ethos 13mm plus half a dozen Naglers from 3.5mm to 31mm - you are welcome to try any and all of them :icon_rolleyes:

John

I'll have an Ethos 13mm plus half a dozen Naglers from 3.5mm to 31mm - you are welcome to try any and all of them :icon_rolleyes:

John

Thanks John I really appreciate this. I'm so determined to get a collection of Naglers, and to see the view first would be fantastic.

Thanks John I really appreciate this. I'm so determined to get a collection of Naglers, and to see the view first would be fantastic.

No problem - besides the chance of looking through the larger brother of my LB12 is not something I'd want to miss ;)

I hope we get some good skies - the views through 12" scopes at SGL4 on the Saturday night were stunning (1st time I've seen spiral arms in M51 and a mag 13.5 supernova :)) - a 16" under a dark sky would be truly unforgettable :icon_rolleyes:

John

Well I'm gonna take all my kit again, i haven't got much but I am hoing to get a better mount before this party hopfully a CG5 we'll see.

Cheers

Neil

No problem - besides the chance of looking through the larger brother of my LB12 is not something I'd want to miss ;)

I hope we get some good skies - the views through 12" scopes at SGL4 on the Saturday night were stunning (1st time I've seen spiral arms in M51 and a mag 13.5 supernova :)) - a 16" under a dark sky would be truly unforgettable :icon_rolleyes:

John

Well John it will be a first for me as well as my scope has never been to dark skies.

Celestron130EQ, wife and grandson, never been to a star party before but really looking forward to it.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

John

Just be yourself, enjoy the company, put your feet up, relax and enjoy!

There is no pecking order at my starparties so feel free to learn and share! Were just one big family open to just about anything you can imagine from imaging, binos, observing and general banter

Oh one more thing, bring a red torch. White lights are a no no at starparties too.

Darren :icon_rolleyes:

Ps don't forget your tent and all other stuff LOL

Thanks Darren, we are bringing the caravan, so if people need an electric point we shouls be able to help . The wife is not interested in stargazing but my grandson is but we are all looking forward to the experience.

John

She's such a pale colour that I might have to paint her red so that she doesn't interfere with night vision :icon_rolleyes:.

Allan

You need a "Nelson" style flashing red led collar for Nadia... wicked...

Peter...

Joking aside the flashing red light on his collar meant it was safer for "nelson" and those wandering around in the dark...

Joking aside the flashing red light on his collar meant it was safer for "nelson" and those wandering around in the dark...

Don't panic - she comes fully equipped!!:icon_rolleyes:

Hi All,

Just got a 'heads up' from Dana (Michigander) about this shindig....Is there room for me et al.

Stef